Filler Chapter #2: Sunako's Sunny Side Battle

It was a nice, cold morning in the Scout Regiment headquarters. Sunako had just finished getting changed into her uniform before heading out of her room for the day. The whole place was quiet, too quiet, but that's what she expected seeing that the sun hasn't risen yet. In a way, she has gotten up rather early. The only sound present was her footsteps walking through the stone hallway of their headquarters.

She walked past the mess hall, heading straight towards the kitchen before entering. She grabbed herself a white apron that was hanged on the wall, putting it on and tying it on her waist securely. She went through their food storage, please to find eggs and a loaf of bread, and took them out.

Once she got what she needed, her onyx eyes shifted into red and 3 black tomoes circle around her blood-red eyes.

She places the wood underneath the stove before lighting it up with a simple fire jutsu in a slightly high level of heat. She then cut two pieces of bread, seeing as how there's no toaster around here, she settles to toast the bread manually. She grabs the frying pan and puts it on the stove before placing the pairs of bread. While that's being toasted, she then went on to the eggs.

Grabbing another frying pan and set it onto another spot on the stove, she then put some oil in the pan as the fire heats it. She grab one fresh egg and waited patiently as the pan heat up before the drizzling oil in the center staring intently at the pan with her blood-red eyes. As the oil heated and made a slight popping noise, she then cracked the egg against the side of the pan before letting the yolk fall gently to the center of the pan. The yolk and egg white made contact with the oil and it sizzled in a way that satisfied Sunako.

Putting the eggshells away, she proceeded to put a dash of salt on top of egg yolk followed by a small amount of pepper. With a small cup of water, she poured it on the side of the pan and quickly covered the pan with a lid as it steamed due to the water.

She closed her eyes, counting the seconds in her head, waiting before her eyes shot open, and removed the lid. Steam went out from the pan once she removed the lid as the petite woman had a satisfied glint in her eyes with her ever-present smile at the sight of the perfect Sunny-Side Up Egg.

However, her eyes widened as the steam died down, revealing a small piece of eggshell left on the yolk. Her nose caught a whiff of something burnt and glanced at the other pan where she toasted the pairs of bread. She flipped the bread over to see the underside burnt. She sighed to herself in displeasure.

Sunako placed the burnt pairs of bread on a plate, along with the first attempt at her sunny side egg. She took the two pans and washed them. While washing, she thought a bit more about what went wrong and concluded that maybe she put the fire too high.

It's not like she's making a complicated dish, just a simple one. But then again, she never made a simple dish like sunny side egg and toasted bread on a cooking stove that is fueled by firewood.

With that in mind, she placed another piece of wood and lighting it up with a simple fire Jutsu. This time, she lowered the heat level so that the bread won't be burnt again and placed the two pans on the stove, pouring one with some oil. She cut another two pairs of bread before putting it on the pan. While the bread's being toasted, she then grabbed another fresh egg and stared intently, waiting patiently for the pan to heat up before the drizzling oil as the process repeats like the first attempt, this time remembering to flip the bread the underside up.

When she finally removed the lid as the steam went out and died down, her eyes lighted up at first before the yolk broke, leaking out and spilling onto the egg white.

Sunako's right eye twitched a bit while still smiling ever so sweetly, a dark shadow went across her face. 'Ara ara, this may be more troublesome than I initially thought it was.' She thought in slight displeasure.