Chapter 3

"I am Eren and Mikasa's elder sister."

The three children looked at her stunned by her words, specifically Eren and Mikasa. Despite the revelation of Sunako's true identity, she still claimed herself their elder sister. The older girl took in their stunned expressions, it felt nice telling them the truth about herself and not having to spill out lies, she could tell they have many more questions that they wanted to ask her. But they'll have to wait.

"Say, Eren, you said want to join the Scout Regiment, right?" Sunako asked, changing the topic. Eren nodded.

"Seems like I'll be joining as well." She said. Eren's eyes went wide. He was pleased that Sunako will be joining the Scout Regiment, however, Armin is skeptical about this. "Isn't the Scout Regiment have the highest fatality rate?" The blonde boy asked. He was worried for the older girl but she just smiled and ruffled his hair.

"If death is what I have to pay to keep all of you safe, then so be it." Sunako said.

"But aren't you too old if you join the Scout Regiment together with us?" Eren asked but Sunako continued to smile. "Who says I'm gonna join together with all of you?" She paused looking at the three of them "I'll be joining earlier than you. Besides the fact that I'll be within the age limit, It will also bum Eren that I'll be the first one to be a Scout." She teased.

Eren pouted at her statement while both Armin and Mikasa smile, although the younger girl hid her smile behind her scarf. "Armin." Sunako called making the boy look at her. "How about you go and help your grandpa, alright? He might need help carrying the food."

Armin nodded and left the three of them to find his grandpa. Once Armin is out of reach, Sunako told both of them, "since the enlistment is 2 months prior, we'll have to find work for lodging. We can't stay in this warehouse for long." Both children agreed to this.

Eren put his hand down before he noticed a key on his neck that he was sure it wasn't there before. Sunako stood up from her position and said, "We best be going now. It's more likely that we'll be handed food for today, come." Mikasa followed suit while Eren put the key behind his shirt before standing up to leave. Sunako hold their hands and went out of the warehouse.

There they saw multiple refugees waiting in line to be given food by the soldiers. There are some who were fighting over it. Apparently, this was their food storehouse. They can't say that they've survived just yet.

"Sunako! Eren! Mikasa!" The three of them turned to see Armin running up to them, in his arms were three loaves of bread.

"Armin..." Eren said. Armin stopped in front of them. "Here! Just in time! My grandpa got us some by saying it was for children, but he only managed to get three. Here you can have mine, Sunako." Armin said. Giving Eren and Mikasa the two loaves of bread and offered Sunako his share.

The raven-haired girl is touched by the kind gesture but said, "Thank you, Armin. But I would rather have you eat it than me." She gives back the bread to Armin.

"Are you sure? you can have mine if you want." Eren said, offering his but Sunako decline. "It's fine. Just seeing you three eat is enough for me." She reassured them by patting their heads, her usual smile still on her face. She wasn't that hungry anyway and the kids needed it more than her.

They then noticed Sunako looking ahead and followed her gaze to see a Garrison soldier who looked at them in annoyance, before leaving them. Eren frowned at this. "what's his problem?"

"You can't blame him. There probably isn't enough food to go around. And that's an entire day's worth. There are just too many refugees. There was already a food shortage going on. Plus, the people aren't treated as well as the citizens on the outer wall." Armin explained.