Filler Chapter #4: Unveiling the Butterfly

There was a saying that some things are best kept secret. It may be something that is utterly embarrassing and ridiculous or something that is quite painful and best hidden in the dark. To keep a secret, you must also hide it from yourself and pretend there isn't one at all.

Several years ago, Sunako Uchiha came to understand that there are two types of secrets: the kind you want to keep in, and the kind you don't dare to let out.

Over the years, Konohagakure always kept their darkest secrets from leaking into the populace and she, too, has her fair share of secrets that she kept to herself. Sunako is aware that many people, even the brightest, have secrets of their own which she does not pry unless necessary. However, this particular incident was one she didn't forget and was certainly unexpected. In an entertaining way, of course.

"My apologies, but do you mind repeating yourselves again?" Sunako asked, her brow raised in question while maintaining the smile on her face. Standing before her were three certain Genin, who happens to be team 7. Their eyes lit with curiosity towards the petite girl.

The petite girl was peacefully taking a walk around the village after she came back and reported her mission to the Hokage when she came across her cousin's team without Kakashi. She could only assume that they have finished their missions for today. She greeted them with a cheerful smile on her face when they came up to her with a sudden question.

"Well, you see..."

"We're wondering if you've seen Kakashi-sensei's face before? He's been our sensei for some time now but not once did we see what he looked like behind the mask, dattebayo!" Naruto inquired.

"Ara ara, and what makes you think that I've seen his face before?" Sunako pressed with a question of her own. Her brow raised and she smile with mirth as she crosses her arms when Sasuke answered. "Since you're one of the best healers in the village, you must have access to patient records, and possibly Kakashi's records."

Onyx eyes stared them down. In all honesty, this was pleasantly unexpected. She expected Naruto and Sakura to ask this but she didn't expect Sasuke to go along with them. She's certainly pleased that he's coming out of his shell a bit. But of course, she may have to remind him to call Kakashi 'sensei'.

Still, It is true that she has access to patient records, including Kakashi's, and may have seen his face a couple of times. However, she decided to tease them a bit.

"Well..." Sunako paused, pretending to think back as the three genin went closer to her with expectant eyes. But that came crashing down when the petite, raven-haired girl bluntly lied, "Nope, never seen it."

The three comically fell to the ground before quickly standing up and naruto exclaimed. "Really!? Not even once!?"

"Nope. I have not." She said with a close-eyed smile.

'There goes that idea.' They thought. They hunched their shoulders and sulk a bit. Here they thought that she at least caught a glimpse of their sensei's face since she would help out the hospital at times. They were so sure of that too.

Sunako silently giggled at their reactions. "Now, now, I know you're all curious, and believe me, I also feel the same. Besides even if I did see Kakashi's face and have access to his records, I cannot disclose confidential information about the patient himself. That would defeat the purpose of protecting the patient's privacy and the trust built between patients and medic ninjas. " She said.

The three quiet down, letting her words sink into their minds and coming to terms with her explanation.

"I guess you're right..." Naruto uttered, pouting a bit. Sunako let out a fond look on her face before patting their heads once. "Don't worry, maybe at some other time, you'll know what he looks like behind his mask." She assured them.