Chapter 13: We Miss You

Erza's P.O.V.

It was a Monday morning. I couldn't be any happier to wake up beside the man that I've fallen in love with for the past nine years. I could call him 'mine' now and no one can judge me for it.

I started the beautifully wonderful day with a greeting, "Good morning, my freakishly, annoying twat."

"Good morning to you, too, my lazy, big-mouthed asshole." Ah, I can hear that adorable smile without even looking at him.

I sat up and stretched every joint of my body since it felt good and refreshing for the mornings. I jumped out of bed and performed my daily routine as quick as possible.

Jellal and I have already gone to the bus with our backpacks placed on the floor behind the next set of seats in front of us. I was pretty relieved that it was still quarter to eight. I never hesitated on using the left given time for me to spend with Jellal while the bell hasn't rung yet.

We usually wander around the library. We thought it would be more quiet taking a stroll through there, so there we've headed.

But since it was too quiet, I decided on starting a conversation, "So, Jellal, um, do you want to go somewhere after school?"

Then he laughed.

"What... What's so funny about that?"

"Erza Scarlet, have you just attempted to ask me out on a date?"

He laughed harder than before just after that line and I just stared pathetically at him.

"Is it bad to ask a question nowadays?"

"Why are you still asking if you have already said one yourself?"

Damn this little prick.

"Look, I don't know if we're going on a date later, but either way is fine. I just wanted to know what things we could do for later, for christ's sake."

Jellal made adorable teasing faces and leaned forward to pinched my cheek, playing with it like some idiot.

"Aww, Erza. Don't be mad. Come on, let's go to class. We'll think of something later."

He wrapped an arm around my shoulder, as if I were his personal property. I wasn't bothered about it, though; it actually feels kinda good.

But I always remind him to keep our relationship from being too affectionate towards the public. I didn't want a negative impression and I know he doesn't either.

Four o'clock eventually came by and the bell had me sprinting towards my locker. I found Jellal alone by his locker and I interrupted his usual routine of fixing whatever he owns, placing them inside.

"I think we should visit Mom.."

Jellal pushed the door of his locker shut and gazed over to me.

He paused before answering back, "I... think so, too."

--

We arrived at our destination by 5 o'clock sharp. The sky was still as bright and blue as always, but the clouds will cloak it with darkness sooner or later. I stared at the rows of tombstones, spreading throughout the vast field of the cemetery.

Jellal and I had quickly spotted my mother's grave, giving me slight chills as we approach it. The wind brushes past my neutral mask of expression as I leaned down and sat on the space before my mother's monument, staring back at us.

My mother's full name was etched on the said tombstone as well as the years she'd lived.

Jellal surrounded my shoulder with his strong arm and pulled me closer to him. He then turned his head at me, as if he were asking permission to say something. I nodded in response, giving the sign that I understood what he meant.