Chapter 8: Not Alone

Erza's P.O.V.

It's October 13. Today is a special day wherein my mom turns 38. If only, Dad was here to celebrate with us. But everything's going to be okay. Dad's happy wherever he is as long as we're all happy. So anyway, for the past few weeks, Jellal and I had been planning a gift for her. Well, we planned to sing a song from Red (a band I really like) and to be extra special, we're going to play our guitars with it. So at least it was our acoustic version. We also edited a collection of videos we found in my parents' bedroom and saved it in a CD for her to watch when she gets home.

I was really relieved it was a Saturday. We have lots of time for preparing and all that stuff before we perform. And plus, no home-works. It's 6:00 in the morning and I have some stuff to do. Mom arrives at 5 in the afternoon, so we technically have the whole day to coordinate all this.

"Jellal, wake up!" I shook the snoring bluenette as he lazily waves his hand in front of me as a sign for me to wake him up a bit later. God. He may wake up before me at most times, but if he sleeps above 6 am, you need a tractor to push him off his bed.

"Ugh, Jellal. It's my mom's birthday!" I whisper-shouted. He didn't say anything. Instead, he slowly lifts up his palm to my face and touches it.

"Later..." His words were slurred as if he was drunk. He was about to land his hand back, but I grabbed it before it could go back to the bed.

"You get out of that bed!" I pulled his legs with all my strength, but carrying him was almost carrying a load full of a thousand-pound of weights. Okay, I'm exaggerating, but still.

"In one, teensy, tiny condition.." His voice sounded drunk again and he seemed to be messing with me. Oh, I'll swear, I'm going to beat the crap outta him. He sat up from the bed slowly.

"You have to kiss me," he continued, puckering his lips disgustingly. Oh, my God. What if he was drunk?

I just laughed at him in a nervous manner. "Jellal, can you quit it?" I pushed his face harshly, causing him to flop back in his bed. As soon as he was smashed back, he sat straight in an instant. I guess the impact of him falling back made him fully awake.

"I'm up, I'm up.." He rubbed his back and raised an eyebrow. "What do you want?"

I glared intensely at him. "It's my mom's fucking birthday, you idiot!" I grabbed a pillow and swung it hard towards his face. He leaned back and grunted loudly. This guy needs to have at least three hard pillows striking his face everyday.

"Don't be so violent!"

"Then get your ass up!" I yelled. He followed lazily and stood out from the bed.

"Alright, alright. Let's do this."

--

We practiced for hours and it was already noon. The thought of presenting our gift cast an anxiety over me. I didn't want to screw up. I wanted to make it, at least, close to perfection. At least, it would reach the point of satisfactory to my mom. Well, from what I know, Mom isn't really a picky person, so maybe I don't have to worry too much.

'Cause, like I said, simplicity is our lifestyle.

Anyway, while we planned all this, we had a.. routine. Sorta. Well, we managed positions, but Jellal mostly did the work. I still helped, though! She's my own mother, so of course, I had to contribute. So most of the photos we used for editing were, of course, our childhood pictures. Especially, when the Fernandes family and the Scarlets used to trip out in different occasions. Those memories would always linger inside my head, up until now, and I would smile like an idiot. It only occurred in a short matter of time, but it was better than not meeting them at all.