Chapter 5: Swimming

Erza's P.O.V.

"Nnh.." I moaned, wanting more sleep. God, I feel like my body's carrying a big ass airplane. I can't push my body upward. I dragged my heavy body sidewards and heard a soft sound of laughter. No doubt it would be him.

'DARE ME JUMP OFF OF THIS JERSEY BRIDGE!!!' I heard song lyrics dash through my ear painfully. I sat up in an instant with my eyes widened and swollen red. The song kept going, making me wanna pull my hair out. Oh god, seriously? This is his other way of waking me up? Playing some heavy metal song to my ear? This is torture! Although, I did like the song...

"Jellal, you shitty bastard!" I yelled, trying to lift my heavy eyes to search for the blue-haired jerk. He ran off! That fucking wuss. I grabbed the speaker that played the metal song and muted it to cease playing. "You can run, but you can't hide! 'Cause if I do, I'll shove this.." I trailed off, putting up the volume of the speaker again. "... I'll shove this device up your ass until your insides blow up!"

God, was I even making sense? I didn't even know half of what I was saying. It's as if I was drunk at the moment.

My eyes shot downward and upward, not satisfied at the sleep I took for hours. I cuddled back to bed and was about to close my eyes, when this time I felt something fluffy and soft strike me, but at the same time it hurt hard. Oh God, why would he even-

"Erza, seriously. It's a Friday morning. So get your fucking ass off that bed and get ready for school!" A certain male shouted not so far from the bed I was occupying. I then managed to sit up from the lying position I did and walked to him.

"I could've gotten ready if you didn't have a violent approach of waking me up," I stated, walking past him afterwards to prepare for school.

--

Jellal and I sat on the previous seat in the bus we took yesterday -which was weird 'cause I don't know how we can identify the same seat- and kept our mouths shut. It was really awkward, though. We frequently communicate in the bus, but I don't know what had struck us at this hour. I wasn't so sure myself.

But eventually, he broke the silence that seemed to suffocate the both of us.

"Hey, uh, Eve's having a meeting with her boss at a clubhouse nearby and he told Mom he can give us free entrance at the clubhouse.." He paused for a while and continued shortly, "..So, um, Eve suggested that we come with her and take a swim. Would it be okay for you..?"

I took a long laugh after his offer. I mean, okay, guys.. Just a small confession.. I can't swim.

He gave me a look full of curiosity. I mentally facepalmed myself for he forgot the bad memories swimming gave to me that he probably cherished in his mind back then. I sighed, shaking my head.

"Seriously? Do you really want me dead? We went swimming third grade and you tackled me underwater, almost drowning me to dea--"

A soft embrace interrupted my nagging, leaving me shocked. His arms were wrapped around me tightly with concern. He pulled away, sighing and then I realized.. death was a strong word. I shouldn't use it like that. God, I'm horrible. I know that both of us are now thinking about our family's dea-

Never mind. Just.. oh God, if only I didn't say my thoughts so loud.

"Jellal... I-i'm sorry. I--"

"It's okay, look, if you don't want to swim, it's fine... but just, please--"

"I'll swim."

He flinched at my reply and let out a relieved smile. He nodded his head reassuringly and drifted off to sleep. I smiled at the peaceful moment, deciding to sleep also. I closed my eyes, and swiftly fell into a deep sleep. It was more comfortable now that my head rested into something strange, and muscular. I felt safe. I didn't bother looking anymore, I just know, it felt like heaven.