Chapter 10: Wonderland

Jellal's P.O.V.

I find myself playing Modern Warfare 3, pressing the buttons of my controller repeatedly in motion. I was battling with Gray over the web, so luckily, there was an online mode for this. Erza, at the other hand, was out doing something that left me curious since she didn't tell me what it was about. But I didn't push her to it. Although, she said it was some kind of surprise and she didn't want to ruin the whole thing. Well, she was acting sorta weird lately ever since... Eve passed away. Agh, fuck. I don't like talking about that.

Well, about Erza's behavior the other day. It.. felt seemingly strange. It was as if the warmth of her embrace, the warmth of her lips that melted against my skin, and the warmth of her hands against mine were new to me. And I think that just drove me to love her. Mutually. Yes, I'm admitting it. I, Jellal Fernandes, declare that I mutually have feelings for Erza Scarlet since the day I laid my eyes on her.

Isn't it wonderful that I'm not in denial? I really love her, and I can't and won't let anyone hurt her. So that was why everytime I see her with Gray, I get infuriated. Everytime I just gaze at her, the word beautiful automatically registers inside my head. And just thinking about her, my heart irresistibly pounds. I haven't found out about my feelings until she held me and pecked me in the forehead yesterday.

As cheesy as I sound, it's still true. As much as I wanted to say all of those things to her, I don't have the courage to do so. Ha, I'm really pathetic.

"Jellal!" The owner of that particular voice barged in through the door of the house.

"I'm all ears," I reminded, continuing to press buttons swiftly as I play.

"Pause that goddamn game for 5 minutes, would you?" Erza growled furiously. I quickly paused my game and cocked my head towards her. My eyes followed her as she sat down on the couch beside me.

"So, what is it?" I folded my arms in my chest.

As soon as I questioned, she shoved a piece of paper in my face. I grunted, taking off the paper from my face. It was actually a flyer. A flyer about an amusement park that was about to open again in a few hours. Apparently, it wasn't a new amusement park. It was only in the flyers because they had constructed a new station. And to my amazement, they added an arcade. How cool is that?!

The longer I stared, the sooner I realized... Wait.. This was the amusement park Erza and I had been visiting when we were young. The amusement park that grasped so much memories. Memories with my family, memories with Erza's family, memories with her. I was shocked for a moment or two.

"I figured, maybe, we can visit that place just to.. you know... take the depression off our shoulders? And it's where we usually go back then. So, what do you say?"

I gaped at her with bewilderment, smiling softly. "Of course.." I chuckled out.

"Great! Now get your ass out of that couch!" She grabbed both of my wrists and pulled me from my seat harshly. Since she dragged me really hard, she stumbled on the floor, pulling me in with her. So, now I was on top of her. On the floor. I felt myself exhale. This is really awkward.

We stared at each other in a few minutes, but I eventually pulled away, urging myself to resist caressing her cheek while we were on the floor earlier. I cleared a cough and told her that I'll be in my bathroom to take a shower. She just nodded and ran upstairs to her own room with an obvious, uneasy feeling in her chest.

I let out a chuckle, thinking about the moment we had earlier. I wish we stayed like that. I wish I didn't have to let go. I wish I just told her about the feelings I cleared up in my mind. The feelings I wish she returned. But sadly, that will have to wait.

--

I stationed the vehicle in a vacant space along the parking lot. I got out of the car, waiting for Erza outside. Unfortunately, we will only stay for a few hours, for some unknown reason I agreed. Ah, this place didn't change one bit. It was still the old, describable amusement park I remember. The place was called, 'Wonderland'. The whole thing was really outstanding. Can you imagine? This place was born even before Erza and I met. That's like, 10 years ago. I was surprised Erza's uncle didn't close it down yet.

Oh, I forgot to mention. Erza's uncle owns the whole goddamn thing. So, in favor of that, she gets anything free. She doesn't have to pay for tickets or any junk like that. Apparently, the employees of the amusement park recognize Erza as a relative of their employer, so she gets anything she wants. And the fun part is, even her guest gets to have anything free too.

Oh, the life.

We eventually entered through the entrance and strolled around to see any changes or some shit. I wasn't paying much attention to the surroundings, to be honest. If I was paying attention at all, I'd say I was. But all my attention was towards Erza. I pretend that I was taking a look around, but the truth is, I sneak a glance at her. Maybe even stare at her for a while, until she catches me looking at her.

I'm really pathetic, am I..

"Jellal! What is going on in there? Seriously," she said as she knocked on my noggin playfully. I just laughed, shaking my head in response. She seemed to chuckle afterwards, making my heart beat fast. Ugh, why does she have to do this to me..

I tried to prevent myself from zoning out, knowing that this was eventful for Erza. For me too, actually. I missed this amusement park so much. It's as if I feel like our family is just walking and watching us from behind.

"So, um.. What ride would you want to start off to?" She asked, raising her eyebrow. I was just staring at her, and she seemed getting impatient, waiting for my answer. For fuck's sake, Jellal. Say something!!

"I-I.." I stammered. My god, why do I find this difficult?

"Jellal, are you feeling sick? Your face is really red. Like really red. As red as my hair."

"N-No, I'm fine.." I smiled nervously and at least, convincing enough. But she didn't buy it.

"Jellal, if you're not feeling okay, then we should ride home--"

I grabbed her hand in swift motion -but took all the grace to be gentle- and placed them under the crook of my neck. I felt like there were grenades in my stomach (call of duty addiction, get over it).

"Do I feel hot enough to be sick, Erza?"

Well, that sounded wrong but I know Erza won't take it in that way. She's smart enough to know what I mean. She shook her head in reply, causing me to smile and feel my face heat up. I released the grip of her hand -which was pretty disappointing, but I had to do it- and ruffled her hair.

"Then, you don't have to worry. I'm okay. Really," I said in an innocent tone. 'Cause it really was the truth. My face was red only because I was blushing madly. She looked persuaded enough, so the nervous beating of my heart turned to regular beating.

In the end, Erza got to pick the rides (after a few nonsensical arguments about who would pick the ride since we were both kind enough to insist on picking the rides). Well, she happened to end up deciding almost all of the activities we did in the amusement park. I didn't have a say in it, though, because I genuinely enjoyed what she had in mind for us. Well apparently, when we said we will only stay for a whole couple of hours, I think we meant to stay for the whole day.

It was really fun, though. I was really happy that, in a way, we can reenact our childhood memories without the guidance of our parents. I'm not saying I didn't want our parents with us. Hell fucking no. I'm just glad that, despite the tough part of the past Erza and I shared, we still get to relive the treasurable part of it.

The day ended with silly smiles on our faces. I hope that she knew... That even if we didn't get to go to Wonderland, as long as she's with me..

I'm in Wonderland.

A/N: Sorry for the long update ;-; Exams were abusing me af, but they were finished about four days ago, so yay for me and yay for the update :DDD SO BTW..  JERZA (unofficial) FLUFF FTW. OK SO UM.. Recently, I was making a Rivetra fanfic. I recommend you to read it, cus well, IDK. Maybe you'd be interested and shit ;D So um please read, vote, comment, and BE PATIENT AS ALWAYS thanks :DD