Chapter 3 [Part 2]: S.S.D.D.

Jellal's P.O.V.

I picked her up, bridal style, and headed to the school clinic. Every once in a while, I took my chance to glance at her face and it broke my heart to pieces. She had a big bruise on her cheek. The same cheek I laid my hand on a couple of hours ago. I shifted my focus back to the clinic and made a stop at the entrance. The air conditioner cooled down my sweat and breathing during my run to the clinic. I looked around the area and saw the bitch that had beaten the shit out of Erza. And once again, the female pinkette was by her side.

Ultear was resting on a wide-spaced bed on the far corner of the room, which was visible enough for a person's view from here. I ignored the two females and laid Erza down gently on an available bed. I tucked the white blanket over her bruised body and approached the nurse behind the counter. I eyed the logbook at the left side of the counter and remembered to fill it up whenever someone visited the clinic. Except Erza can't fill it up because she's passed out and weak, so I'll fill it in for her.

"Please take good care of my friend," I pleaded, referring to Erza since the only patients were Ultear and Erza, making the pink-haired girl and I visitors. She looked up with her eyeglasses on and smiled reassuringly.

"Of course, young man. Now run along, you don't want to be late."

I nodded and greeted her a "thank you" before exiting the clinic. I ran towards my next class, History, and the same class with Gray.

I entered class in time and sat down on my respective seat. The class wasn't starting until Ms. Vermillion walked in with large heart shaped eyes, jumping on her way to the teacher's desk at the center of the room. Mr. Z (Zeref), as always, was to blame for Ms. Vermillion's tardiness. Their love looked so young for such an old couple.

"Okay class, turn your textbooks to page 45," Ms. Vermillion started.

--

Two periods passed, shifting my focus back to Erza. And only Erza. Bell rang for our Lunch break, boosting my sprint towards the clinic. I opened the doors and found Erza's previous bed empty. I looked around, searching for particular strands of scarlet hair if she was possibly hidden beneath the covers from one of the beds.

Suddenly, a hand tapped my shoulder. I turned around to see who it was. It was the same nurse I asked earlier.

"I transferred your girlfriend to another bed for a wider space, just to remind you."

My heart skipped a beat at the part when she mentioned Erza as my girlfriend. I tried to protest, opening my mouth only to be cut off with more of the things she had to explain.

"She's at the far corner of the room," She paused, pointing to where she identified Erza's location. "Is there anything else I can help you with?"

"No, thank you. And by the way, she's not my girlfriend... She's just my best friend, that's all," I explained the truth. Or was it?

She just chuckled, wiggling her eyebrows cockily at me and nodded slowly as a response. She headed back to the counter without another word.

I went to Erza's resting place, pulling aside the curtains to reveal the peaceful redhead before me. I pushed back the curtains to hide the room surrounding us. There was a chair at the side, so I decided to sit there quietly and took my time staring at Erza.

I couldn't help but stroke her cheek gently with the back of my hand. My heart beat faster and realizing the red blush reappearing across her face. Did she feel it? I laid my hand back and put it down on my lap. I looked out the window and let the brightness of the sun shine down on my face. I wore my hoodie to keep myself warm from the freezing temperature of the room, The air conditioner always kept me relaxed and cooled, but sometimes I just feel like freezing to death. The clinic, though, was like heaven to me. Everything was comfortable.