Gally x Reader

The first thing you can hear is a loud sound. A very loud sound for that matter. It kind of sounds like metal chains groaning and creaking as you rise higher. Sitting up, you feel around and find yourself in a metal box that seems to be moving upwards. Your breathing is heavy and your heart is pounding in your chest.

"Where am I?" You ask yourself.

"Who am I?" You try to remember but nothing seems familiar. Finally the box stops and you hear an alarm going off, which causes your heart to stop beating.

"What's going to happen to me?" You ask yourself yet another question, only to have it unanswered. Light floods into the box as the ceiling is pulled open. Squinting, you look up at the sight above you. Anywhere from 40-50 teenage boys are standing over the box, gawking at you. "I- It's a girl!" A tall boy with longish blonde hair and deep brown eyes says in a thick British accent. You don't see what's wrong with being a girl but then again, you can't even remember your own name.

"What the shuck should we do with her?" A muscular Asian boy questions.

"Well, girl or not, help her out of the box!" The boy who says this looks about 17-18 with dark brown skin. He seems to be the leader because a boy you never noticed before obeys and jumps down to get you. He is well-built and extremely muscular with some serious eyebrow game. He extends his hand to you but you flinch away, not sure if it's safe.

"Aw come on, Greenie! I won't hurt ya'." He gives a reassuring smile and nods toward his extended hand. You slowly reach up and take it while pushing yourself into standing position.

"Name's Gally." He states and heaves you out of the box.

"[Y/N]." You shoot back, suddenly remembering your name.

"Good that. I'm Alby and this is Minho and Newt." The leader shakes your hand.

"Welcome to the Glade."

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

You wake up early the next morning and sit up in your hammock. Sleeping beside the 12-year-old boy Chuck wasn't too bad, although he does talk a lot.

"You're already up." Newt's voice rings out, breaking the peaceful silence.

"Early bird gets the worm." You shrug and stand up. Your not exactly sure where you learned that saying but you like it. Newt laughs and starts walking towards the eating area.

"You'll start work today and after you finish one day of working at every job, the keepers of the jobs will decide what job you get. Simple as that." Newt states and grabs a plate full of bacon and eggs. You follow suit and sit down beside him. A few Gladers are awake and eating, but they all look tired.

"What's your job, Newt?" You ask him after a few bites of breakfast.

"I'm second in command Greenie." He says, not looking up from his plate. You don't reply. The conversation has sort of died out anyway. Just then, you see Gally approach you and Newt.

"Hey, [Y/N]. Your working with me today." He says and offers a hand up. You take it and put your plate with the rest of the dirty dishes. You also find yourself wondering why he didn't call you a 'Greenie' or a 'Shank' like most of the other boys did.

"So what job do you do, Gally?" You strike up conversation.

"I'm keeper of the builders, ya' shank." He smiles, his Glader vocabulary returning.

"So I'm a builder today huh?" You smile.

"Why are you smiling? Building is a hard job!" He states, but you can tell he isn't really offended due to his grin.
You two reach the the structure that is being built and Gally calls the rest of the builders down.

"Okay ya' shanks, Greenie here is gonna be helping us out today. Be nice." Gally shoos them away and they go back to what they were doing.

"Basically you'll just be following me around today, Greenie. I'll show you how to build a few simple things as well." Gally turns towards you.

"You know," He reaches out and tucks a stray piece of hair behind your ear. Your face burns red and your eyes flicker to the ground.

"I think your a little to pretty to do the hard work of a builder. You can always back out ya' know." He says and you slowly look up at him.

"I'll be fine." You mumble and turn away, blushing. As you turn you notice all of the builders are staring at you and Gally.

"GET BACK TO WORK YA' BUNCH OF NO GOOD SLINTHEADS!" Gally yells at them, his face equally red from blushing.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

~1 month later~
Gally hadn't really talked to you much since the day you helped with the builders. He only gave you a nod or said a simple "Hey." At meals. In a way it made you feel like he didn't like you anymore. But you aren't sure what you did to make him hate you. Today, the keepers are going to decide what job you get. After countless days of trying different jobs, you finally get to stick with one. You aren't to sure what job you are going to get because you seem to be decent at everything. You just hope you don't have to be a Slopper or a Slicer, they make you sick.

"C'mon, [Y/N]. Time for the meeting." Newt nods at you and you follow him to the homestead.

"Okay, first all of the keepers will talk about it without you in the room and then after we decide, we'll let you know." He smiles at you reassuringly and you take a seat by the doors. After Newt walks in, you slump down in your chair, nervous about what job you will get. After about ten minutes, the doors open again.

"We're ready for you, [Y/N]." Newt motions you inside. You stare at your shoes as you sit down in your chair, but You can feel almost everybody staring at you.

"Would the keeper of [Y/N's] new job please stand up." Alby said from his spot. You hear some shuffling around, and then everything is silent. You slowly take your eyes away from your shoes and lock them with Gally's. He is the one standing up.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

You hit the nail into the wood with your hammer. The wood splits because you hit it much to hard. Your angry because ever since you became a builder a week ago, Gally has been completely ignoring you. You sit up and wipe your forehead, which is drenched with sweat. Your eyes flicker upwards and you notice Gally talking to a group of other builders. Gally looks nervous and keeps on shaking his head every time some one says anything. Just before you are about to get back to work, you notice a builder named Billy point at you and Gally sighs. In confusion you keep watching the strange scene. Finally, all of the boys push Gally in your direction and he starts to walk towards you. You instantly get back to work, hoping he hadn't noticed you stopped and were staring. When he approaches you pretend not to notice him.

"Erm... [Y/N]?" He asks, rubbing his arm. You look up at him and raise your eyebrows expectantly.

"Can I talk to ya' for a minute?" He asks and starts to walk towards the homestead. You stand up and follow him behind the homestead. As you walk, you notice half of the Glade is watching you.

"What do you need?" You ask Gally when you catch up to him.

"I- Well I don't really know how to say this.... Um. Well, I'll understand if you don't feel the same way, but I- I like you." He splutters and says the last part in a whisper. You are sincerely surprised considering he has been ignoring you.

"B- but you have been ignoring me." You say.

"I've been ignoring ya' because I was afraid I would say something stupid and scare ya' away. But I get it that you don't like me back... I'm just glad I told ya'." He sighs sadly. It hurts you to see the pain in his eyes and you put your hand on his cheek.

"Gally I like you to." You whisper and stare in to his eyes, searching for some emotion. He grins from ear to ear and slowly leans down. Your faces are inches apart and you bring your face up to close the gap between your lips. You can hear cat calls and wolf whistles from some of the other Gladers. Pulling away, your face flushes red. As does Gally's.

"Finally!" Newt says from behind you.

"We all took bets on when you two would get together." Minho smirks.

"I won! Pay up, shanks!" Chuck smiles.