Thomas x Reader

The sound of metal screeching against metal wakes you up. You can't remember anything, your life before this moment, your parents, nothing. Breathing hard you stand up, only to bang your head on the top of the box you're in. As you fall, you land on someone else. They groan and you get off of them.

"W-what's going on?" They ask, and something seems familiar about the voice. Since it's dark you can't see their face, so you reach out and touch their shoulder.

"I- I don't know. I can't remeber anything." You say.

"Oh. I can't either, except for my name. I'm Thomas." He says and you raise your eyebrows. Everything about this boy seems familiar.

"[Y/N]." You reply and shake his hand. He gasps when he hears you say your name.

"I think I remember you!" He exlaims and brushes his hand lightly over your arm. As soon as his fingertips hit you, you feel a jolt and are thrown back into a flashback.

~Flashback~

"Why are we doing this, Thomas?" You ask and look over at him. You both are sitting in a white room, staring at computer screens.

"I don't know, [Y/N]. I- I can't keep watching them die!" He sighs, tears forming in his eyes. You reach out and squeeze his hand.

"Everything is going to change, Tom." You say and press your lips to his.

~End Flashback~

"Woah. We used to know each other." You say and he grabs your hand. The box suddenly comes to a stop and light peeks in as the doors open, illuminating Thomas's face. Which only makes you ache for him more, you desperately want more memories of each other. Over 50 boys are standing over the box staring down at you two.

"There's two of 'em! And one's a girl!" A muscular boy with on fleek eybrows states. Everyone murmurs amongst themselves and you stand up, pulling Thomas along with you.

"Is that a problem?" You raise your eyebrows, placing your hands on your hips.

"Woah!!! We got another sass master!!! Minho, your gonna have to share your throne!" A boy laughs and an Asian boy pushes him out of the way. And as soon as you see his face, another memory hits you.

~Flashback~

"No! I can't leave you, [Y/N]!" Minho reaches for you desperately as two men haul him out of the room. You run after them and beg the men to give you some time with Minho. Reluctantly they give you five minutes.

"I- I'm not ready to leave my little sister yet." Minho's eyes are filling with tears and he hugs you.

"It's going to happen sometime, everything's going to be alright." You place your hand on his cheek.

"I love you, big brother." You whisper as the men drag him away. Silent tears roll down your cheeks and you break down, not wanting to be part of this anymore.

~End Flashback~

Gasping, you open your eyes and find the Asian boy, Minho with the same reaction as you. He must have seen the memory too.

"What is going on?" Another boy with dark brown skin and intense eyes asks.

"We just had a memory, Alby!" Minho gasps and pulls you and Thomas out of the box. Alby's eyes widen and he sizes you up.

"Minho, Greenie come with me." He says.

"My name's [Y/N], not Greenie. And this is Thomas." You glare at him.

"And we had a memory of each other as well." Thomas steps closer to you.

"Alright, fine all three of you come with me then." Alby looks on the verge of snapping. All of the other boys just look astonished.

"Alright, explain the flashbacks." Alby states, gazing at the three of you. You all set off into a detailed explanation.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

~1 week later~

"I just don't want her to get hurt, Thomas!" You hear Minho say from inside the homestead. You are listening in on their conversation, and yes you know that it's wrong to eavesdrop but when you heard them say your name, you couldn't help yourself.

"I know. I don't either but she's an amazing runner and she really, really wants to do this." Thomas sighs.

"Yeah, alright we'll let her know at the Gathering." Minho says. You hear footsteps coming towards the door and you quickly step away and start to talk to Jeff, hoping it doesn't seem suspicious.

"Oh, hey [Y/N]." Thomas says and walks past.

"The Gathering is starting." Minho tells you and you take off after him. When you, Thomas and all of the Keepers sit down, Alby starts to talk.

"Okay so we're here to determine wether or not [Y/N] gets to be a runner. At the last Gathering we decided that Minho and Thomas would be allowed to decide." Alby turns to Minho and Thomas.

"Well, [Y/N]'s our best shot at getting out of this shuck maze, so we've decided to let her be a runner." Minho smiles at you. You grin and wrap your arms around Minho, starting to cry.

"Thank you." You whisper and he ruffles your hair.

"Anything for my little sister." And then you turn to Thomas.

"Thanks." You look down at your shoes.

"No problem, I um-" He stops talking and steps closer to you, lifting your chin up with his fingertips. And then he kisses you, softly as if you are made of glass.

"Okay, that's enough for today ya' shanks." Minho steps in between you and Thomas and you blush.