Request #4: Newt

A/N: Thanks for all the requests guys!! I really enjoy writing these! This one is for Arin! I hope you like it AuthorSky 😊
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

You have a look of determination on your face as you run along the maze corridors, alongside your boyfriend, Newt. Your heart is pounding in your chest and you feel like crying but you hold it in, knowing that you have to be brave.

"Come on! Just a bit farther!" Thomas says and you push yourself to run faster. Finally you reach the Greiver Hole. The Grievers behind you screech and you hear a scream. Looking back you see one of the Gladers being snatched away. You look away but not quick enough, because you see the boy's neck snap. You give a little shudder and pull out your spear. As you attack as many Grievers as you can, you catch a glimpse of Newt beside you, struggling with his own Griever. Stabbing the flabbby, moist skin of your Griever, you turn to help Newt. He grunts with effort and the Griever knocks the machete out of his hand.

"Newt!" You scream and run over to him. Suddenly the Griever Hole opens and the remaining Gladers start to file through.

"Let's go!" You grab Newt and pull him through the hole. Instantly you both fall down a gooey, sticky slide where you end up in a hallway. A door a bit farther down has a sign above it, sporting the word, EXIT.

"Seriously? This is it?" Frypan shakes his head but opens it anyway.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

You sit on the bus with no questions whatsoever, hoping that these people aren't from WICKED. Crazy people outside attempt to attack the bus but are only ran over. You have been through to much to put up much of a fight, but inside, your mind is filled with questions and your heart is racing.

"You okay, Arin?" Newt asks from beside you, gently placing his hand on your thigh.

"No. I-I don't know what is going to happen an-and I just watched Chuck die and... I don't know what's going on with us." You whisper the last part quietly.

"What do mean?" Newt presses.

"Well, are we still together or do you want to break up?" You ask.

"Arin, why would I want to break up with the most beautiful girl in the world?" He puts his and hand on your cheek, forcing you look at him.

"We haven't talked much lately and so I just thought..."

"Arin, love, I'm really sorry, I've just had a lot on my mind. But now that we're outta that buggin' maze," He comes closer to you.

"We can spend more time together." He smiles when you blush and then lightly kisses you on the lips.

"Okay." You whisper and lace your fingers with his.

"I love you." He kisses you again, more heatedly this time.