Request #5: Newt

A/N: This one is for Death-For-One I hope you like it, Kat!!!! Thanks for reading guys!!!😘☺️.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
~Newt's POV~

As I walk by the homestead I accidentally hear my name being said by Kat. Her and Teresa share a room and I assume they are just having some sort of girl to girl talk, but I can't help myself. I have to know why she said my name.

"They're all cool I guess. I don't know. None of them have really shown any interest in us though." Teresa says.

"Yeah. I don't really like any of the boys here." Kat states and Teresa giggles.

"I think it would be cute if one of them did have a crush on one of us, and then tried to like win us over by showing off or something." Teresa giggles again.

"Haha, yeah it would be kinda cute..." Kat laughs and I pull my ear away from the door. I have to go ask Minho how to impress a girl.

~Kat's POV~

"Haha yeah it would be kinda cute..." You laugh.

"Anyway, I've got to help Fry in the kitchen so, see you later?" Teresa asks.

"Yeah. I've gotta help in the gardens anyway. Bye Teresa!" You wave and head out towards the garden. Strangely when you get there, Newt isn't waiting for you like usual. So you sit on a tree stump and wait.

~Newt's POV~

"Dude, I knew you liked Kat!!" Minho smiles and claps me on the back.

"Yeah well, how do I impress her?" I ask desperately.

"You're working with her in the gardens today, right?" He questions and I nod.

"Okay so as you're working just casually show off like how strong you are or something like that." He shrugs.

"Okay. Thanks Minho." I smile and start towards the garden where Kat is waiting for me.

~Kat's POV~

Finally after what seems like eternity, Newt shows up.

"Hey. Ready to start?" You ask, standing up.

"Sure." Newt picks up a shovel and begins to dig a hole in the soft earth. For a while you two work in peace until you start to hear Newt making grunting noises. You turn around to see what the commotion is, only to see Newt climbing the apple tree behind you. His muscles ripple as he grabs onto branches.

"Newt, what are you doing?" You question, wiping the dirt off of your hands.

"I was going to get you and apple." He smiles with pride and you mentally face palm.

"But there are apples right there." You point to the basket that was set out for a snack.

"Well, I saw that one up there and I thought it might be better." He shrugs and begins climbing again. Finally he reaches the top and plucks the apple from its branch with ease.

"Here you are." He smiles and hands you the juicy red apple when he gets down from the tree.

"Thanks." You laugh and take a bite, laying down in the green grass. Newt lays beside you and you just stare at the sky for a moment. Suddenly realization hits you.

"Hey Newt, where were you this morning?" You question and he tenses up.

"Uh, heh you know... eating breakfast and stuff." He laughs nervously.

"Did you happen to overhear me and Teresa?" You ask another question.

"What? Why would- well I... yeah." He rubs the back of his neck sheepishly.

"And so you were trying to impress me?" You raise your eyebrows.

"Yeah. Did it work?" He sounds hopeful.

"No," You start and his face falls.

"It didn't because you already impressed me. Ever since the day you pulled me out of that box, you've impressed me." You confess, nervous about what he might say back.

"So you like me then?" He rolls over so that his head is above yours. His lips in which are curled into a smirk are just inches from your own.

"Well, duh." You laugh.

"Good because I like you too." He smiles and closes the gap between your lips.