Newt x Reader

A/N: I suggest listening to 'See You Again' from Furious 7 while reading this.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

"Why don't you go get us some fertilizer?" Newt asks and Thomas stalks away, muttering under his breath.

You laugh and continue working on the vines.

"Thank you, god that kid asks way to many questions!" Zart laughs, thanking Newt.

"Eh, he's not too bad. Could do with a muzzle though." Newt jokes making you and Zart break into another fit of laughter.

"HELP! HELP!" You hear cries from the deadheads which makes you jump and turn around. Thomas's cries fill the air and you see him sprint out of the forest, closely pursued by your brother, Ben.

Ben tackles Thomas and you along with the rest of the Glade race towards them. Ben is practically trying to rip out Thomas's throat out when Newt hits him with his trowel.

"Hold him down! Hold him down!" They manage to hold him still. His face is extremely pale and his eyes are bloodshot. You already know what's wrong with him but you don't want to believe it.

"Lift his shirt." Gally lifts the fabric, revealing his stomach and you cringe. Purple veins run along his stomach and in the middle is a ragged gaping hole. You close your eyes and take a deep, shaky breath.

Ben has been stung.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

"Listen to me. Ben. Listen." You say to your brother as you grasp at the bars of the slammer.

"I love you. I do, and I'm sorry that you got stung and... I-I..." Your voice cracks and you try to swallow the lump in your throat.

"I wish we had more time." You whisper just as Minho walks over.

"Minho, please! You know it's not his fault! Please!" You plead but he only ignores you, staring at the ground as he takes Ben out.

"PLEASE!" You screech and start towards him. Two strong arms pull you away from where Minho is. You look back to find two of Gally's friends holding you, making sure you don't do anything stupid.

Minho pulls Ben towards the doors and you have this strange urge to follow, so you pull with all of your strength. You eventually drag the boys close enough to see Ben at the doors. He coughs up blood and you start to scream.

A booming noise sounds throughout the Glade followed by a sickening crack. The doors slowly start to inch closed and the keepers start to push Ben closer to the maze, closer to his death.

"NO!" You've lost all sanity at the moment and you scream at them, tears streaming down your cheeks.

"STOP IT! BEN! NO! AGH!" You screech with frustration, your throat stinging from yelling.

Now your brother fully stands in the maze, trembling with fear. Rage courses through you and you manage to break the grasp of the boys. You run towards the doors that are now rapidly closing.

10 feet. "BEN!"

9 feet. "STOP!"

8 feet. "NO!"

7 feet. "UGH!"

6 feet. "PLEASE!"

5 feet. "DON'T!"

4 feet. "WAIT!"

3 feet. "NO!"

2 feet. "No..."

1 foot. The doors slam shut just as you throw yourself at the doors, your body slamming against the cold stone slab. You sink down on your knees, a bloody, dirty mess.

Everyone is staring at you with sad sympathy as you bang on the wall.

"Please." All of the fight leaves you and you stop trying to get through the wall.

"I love you." You place your hand on the door and press your forehead against it, closing your eyes.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

~Newt's POV~

"She's been bloody sitting there for two days!" I say, throwing up my hands.

"We have to get her to at least drink something! She's already dehydrated!" Clint rages.

"All right, everyone just slim it!" Alby shushes everyone. We decided to have a gathering to decide what to do with [Y/N] because she's been sitting at the buggin' doors for two bloody days!

"I know that [Y/N]'s not doing so good and I agree, we do have to get her to the med-house but we need to take some precautions." Alby starts and we all wait eagerly for his proposal.

"We can't just demand her to get up and shake it off. Hell, I'm even having trouble with Ben being gone and I can't even begin to imagine how she's feeling right now. I say that one of us should go up and sit with her for a bit, just talking to her." He says and we all nod in agreement.

"I'll do it." I pipe up and start toward the doors.

~Your POV~

Someone sits beside you and you tense up, hoping they aren't here to try and and force you to eat. You look out of the corner of your eye and are surprised to see Newt.

"Hey." He says but you don't say anything back.

"Don't worry, I'm not here to make you eat or anything. I just want to talk." He states and you relax a bit.

For a moment, he doesn't say anything. You both just sit there, staring at the stone of the doors.

"He didn't deserve it. Ben, I mean." He starts and when you don't reply he continues.

"I'm sorry he's gone and I- bloody hell, I miss that shank." He gives a halfhearted smile and once again we are plunged into an awful silence that makes your heart ache.

You want him to touch you, to hold you in his arms and fill the gaping hole in your heart.

"I heard him screaming." You whisper so quietly that Newt doesn't catch it.

"Hm?" He questions.

"I heard him. Screaming. When you all were sleeping that night, he was screaming for me to help him." You whisper a bit louder and your eyes lock with his.

"I did too. I-" His words get stuck in his throat and tears spill onto his cheeks.
You wrap him him into a hug and let him cry for a bit.

Unfortunately he pulls away and you yearn for his touch again.

"Look at me." He sniffs and smiles.

"I came over here to cheer you up and now your cheering me up." He laughs and for once, you smile.

"That's okay. He's looking down right now, and is proud that I'm finally doing something with myself." You look up at the sky as if Ben might be there.

"Yeah, Hi Ben!" Newt waves at the sky causing you to break into another fit of giggles.

And then he was kissing you. Somehow it's gentle and rough all at the same time. You kiss back, glad you have someone that loves you again.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

~After the Scorch~

"It's a boy." Clint smiles and hands you the small bundle.

"Look Newt, look at him." You beam at the baby in your arms. You hold out the baby beside you, into thin air, showing Newt, the baby's father.

"Ben." You name the baby, knowing it's what Newt would have wanted.

"Your dad is so proud. He's looking down right now and is proud that I'm actually doing something with myself."