Ben x Reader #2

"[Y/N]!" Gally growls from behind you.
You turn around, waiting for Gally to tell you off.

"Why are you slacking off again? Get back to work!" He scolds and you roll your eyes.

"Sorry." You mumble and start hammering again. Being a builder is fun and you are great at it but Gally is always telling you off for no good reason! It's so frustrating sometimes!

"Gally bugging you again?" Newt asks from behind you.

"Yeah, what else would he be doing?" You grumble, keeping your eyes on your work.

"Don't worry, you can quit now, The rest of the Builders quit 5 minutes ago." He states and you stand up, brushing yourself off.

"Are the Runners back yet?" You ask hopefully.

"No, they should be soon though." He tells and your heart sinks a little.

You and Newt sit down at the tree nearest the doors like usual waiting for Minho and Ben.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

"Ow! Okay, okay. Mercy!" Newt laughs and you let go of his knuckles.

"Let's go again!" He smiles and grabs your knuckles, starting to squeeze them.

"Playing Mercy again?" Minho smirks, still breathing heavily and coated in sweat and dirt.

"You're back!" You smile at Minho and Ben, Newt still trying to squeeze your knuckles. You don't even flinch, let alone say mercy.

"Stop hurting my girlfriend!" Ben scolds Newt with a smile on his face.
You jump up, pulling your hands out of Newt's grasp and wrapping your arms around Ben.

"Hi!" You grin and he leans in to kiss you.

"Woah! Not in front of the children!" You smirk playfully gesturing to Minho and Newt who are laughing.

"Your right! We'll have to take this somewhere else." He grins evilly and you laugh.

"Very funny."
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
(A month later)
"Ugh! I hate this! I hope they'll get back alright." You sigh from inside the homestead, staring out the window at the pouring rain. Everyone in the Glade didn't have to work in the afternoon due to the rain, but unfortunately the runners already left before the rain started.

Just as you finish your sentence Minho arrives in the Glade closely followed by Ben. Both boys are soaking wet. Minho runs straight into the homestead to dry off but Ben stays outside, looking at you through the window. He gestures for you to come outside and you smile, heading for the door.

" What are you doing?!" Frypan looks at you like you're crazy as you step outside.

"I'm having fun." You state simply and rush towards Ben, already mostly soaked.

"I thought you wouldn't make it." You whisper as you hug him.

"Course I would. Can't leave you here with just these shanks." He smiles.

"Now, come on!" He pulls you a few feet away from the homestead, both of you dripping with water.

"What are we doing?" You ask as he pulls you closer to him.

"Dancing." He grins and laces his slippery fingers with your own. His shirt is almost see through due to it being wet and you can't help but stare at his toned body.

He places his hand on your waist and you put your free arm around his shoulders.

"Step on my feet." He whispers. What an odd thing to say... But you do it anyway.

Ben slowly starts moving you both in the rain, shuffling along in the mud. You know that everyone is watching you two from the homestead but you don't care.

You place your head on his chest, over his heart, listening to it beat. Strong and steady.