Chapter 41 l Boar Hat

"Yep, press the dough dow—no the dough—ELIZABETH THE OVEN'S ON FIRE!" Calla squawked as smoke went through the Boar Hat and the Princess ran, looking around wildly before she found the bucket they used to mop the floor, still full of murky water before throwing it over the small fire. Calla sighed, putting a hand on her cocked out hip. She swiped her forearm over her forehead as the Princess laughed sheepishly. "Well I guess we aren't going to get to try your dessert." She joked. Currently, she was trying to teach Elizabeth how to cook better now that Ban was in Liones, leaving only those two alone at the Boar Hat—with Hawk of course—to work the bar. Calla reached out, ruffling her hair.

"You're good, El. We can just start cleaning up some. I'll man the food today and do some waitressing." She herself had slipped into the new outfit Elizabeth had come up with—King had made it for them—feeling more comfortable in the purple and white clothing. The bar was depressingly empty, only the two of them currently in the room; almost how it always was when it was still early in the morning. With him temporarily gone, Elizabeth manned the bar—putting on a brave face even against the odds. Calla applauded her. The first few people began pooling in and Calla greeted them.

"Hey, hey, hey! Welcome to the Boar Hat! Come on in boys. Take a seat wherever you want!" She flashed a smile. "Ale to start you off?" They nodded. "Comin' right up." Walking around the bar, Calla expertly whipped a bottle from the top shelf, pouring it into four mugs. Putting them onto a tray she sauntered out towards the table where more people began coming in. Elizabeth greeted them softly, putting people into tables. As the day went on, Calla felt herself slipping into routine. It had been a quiet few weeks. Too quiet for her paranoid self. But with most of the Commandments within Liones, she hadn't had to deal with too much violence. As much as she wanted to fight, she knew that a talking pig would not be able to give the Princess the amount of interaction as she needed. Meliodas, you ass. She thought. You better fucking wake up or I'll draw a dick on your forehead. She distantly heard footsteps from upstairs and her brow cocked as she set a meat pie onto the table for a few men, who thanked her. She glanced over and waved.

"Yo! You're finally awake!" She greeted. His eyes went to her before going over Elizabeth and Hawk. Elizabeth tucked the tray under her arm, waving at him as well.

"You're looking a lot better now." She observed.

"He sure does!" Hawk agreed before glaring as he continued to stare at Elizabeth. "HEY DAMNIT! Don't be undressing Elizabeth with those pervy eyes of yours!" He screeched. "These Meliodas-y, Meliodicious, Meliodious, clothes were made for the pure satisfaction of Meliodas and Meliodas only!" Calla rolled her eyes and he rubbed the back of his head as he went down the stairs, trying to go past them.

"Err...Well...You have my gratitude for saving me..." He trailed off before asking, "but what exactly are you doing in this forest?"

"The Boar Hat is a mobile bar." Elizabeth explained.

"A bar...It's incredible you're still operating under these...conditions." He mumbled.

"No matter the conditions, people gotta eat! Eat and get piss drunk!" Hawk shouted and the bar-goers raised their fists and cheered him on.

"He~~ll yeah! Preach on Pig! He speaks only the truth!" Elizabeth waved as a large group began pooling out of the bar.

"We...Well then, I suppose I should be on my way as we—" He was cut off by his stomach rumbling. Loudly. Calla laughed before motioning towards the bar.

"C'mon big guy. Let's get you fed first!" He glanced from the door to Calla before settling down at the bar. She set down a bowl of steaming soup and a tankard of ale. "Dig in! This is my best on yet!" She poured some more into separate bowls. "El, c'mere, it's our lunch too." As Elizabeth blew on a spoonful, Calla set a bowl on the floor for Hawk, reaching to sip on her own.