Chapter 34 l Zeldris of Piety

Calla drifted between darkness, pain and crying. She could never save anyone she cared about. Elaine, and now both Meliodas and Diane. It hurt. A lot. She hoped it was just some sort of nightmare, and she would wake up. She did end up waking up, but not in the context she hoped for. She felt her wounded body jostle before her stomach flipped. Eyes fluttering open, she watched as the ground came closer and closer. She went to cross her forearms when a pair of long, red armored legs landed before springing back into the air. Tipping her head up, Calla saw him. She instantly started to struggle.

"Let go of me you old demon!" Calla shouted, squirming in Galand's iron grip. The Commandment only chuckled.

"No can do, little immortal~" He replied. Calla's hands wrapped around his arm, pushing with all her might. At the same moment, she used her mouth to draw blood from her shoulder, using it as a lubricant to slide out of Galand's grip. The demon cursed as Calla went free falling through the sky. She flipped him off before unraveling her whip and wrapping it around a stray tree, swinging into the underbrush. She perched herself into the closest tree, watching as Galand landed more gracefully, pulling out his spear. "Did you really think you could hide from me, little girl?" He inquired, eyes sweeping the area. Calla pressed herself against the tree more, eyeing his movements. He took a few steps forward, looking further into the forest. She didn't let her guard down. She knew how the song and dance went, he knew exactly where she was. Calla sighed internally. His head snapped back to look where Calla sat, but he groaned when she wasn't there. "Tsk, I never liked Hide-n-Seek very much. I guess I'll just have to wait you out." Calla, who had jumped higher in the trees was confused. If he waited, that would just give her more time to run...Right? She took careful steps before reaching out. She watched as her fingertips sizzled and swore under her breath, knowing he had some sort of trick up his sleeve. She knew she didn't have the power to fight him, she needed time. But she didn't have it and now she was trapped. The Commandment below, figuring she wasn't going to budge for awhile, settled down onto the nearest rock, stretching out his long limbs. "All this hiding is in vain, I do hope you know this." He tilted his head lazily as a rock went flying. He sighed. "After three-thousand years, it sure has heated up quite a bit." He muttered. "Almost uncomfortably hot." Calla's eyes widened as he pulled off his helmet, black hair streaked through with white tumbling from the metal. He stretched his arms then. "But the air..." He took in a deep breath. "Is quite pristine now." He cocked his head lazily when he saw a black blur rushing towards him. Calla readied her whip midair, smirking.

"Deadly Whirlwind!" Earlier, she had tried the move, but it had ended when she got decapitated. Galand stumbled back as his armor cracked, the fissure running from his waist to his chest. The demon grinned, swinging his spear.

"She shows her face~!" He called with glee, knocking her back with his weapon. Blood erupted from Calla's body as she was thrown into the force field, the now ever present dark tendrils ripping into her body. Screams ripped through her body She was yanked back by her hair, Galand holding her up like a trophy. He smirked and she spat in his face. The demon wiped his face before setting his helmet back on. His hand then came down swiftly, knocking the immortal out.

~

"Galand, what is this?" Calla groaned as she was dropped to the ground, feeling a cool breeze brushing against her broken body. Her eyes snapped open when she felt blood spilling over her stomach, arms and back. Her wounds...They weren't healing. As she sat up, scrambling back at the sight of Galand in front of her, she crashed into a pair of legs. She didn't want to look up, but she did anyway. And she was met with what she presumed to be death itself. The man above her had messy black hair and poisonous purple eyes glaring down at her. His lips tightened into a scowl and she flinched.