Chapter 8 l Demon

To embrace Calla after sixteen years felt like heaven on Earth. In the few minutes they had, Ban held Calla close, taking in her scent of leather and vanilla. She had her face shoved against his  bloodied neck her arms tight around his back. Smirking in slight triumph, Calla could still hear Jericho groaning on the ground. Take that you horny bitch.

"I like the new getup, Cals." Ban said. "But why did you cut off your hair?" She leaned back as he tugged gently on the longer strand in the front sweeping over her left eye.

"Easier to hide myself. We are criminals you know. And you're a double criminal, Ban of Greed~" She paused. "And besides, it seems everyone wants a piece of this masterpiece." Calla waggled her eyebrows and Ban snorted.

"Only the men with the finest tastes~" He sang before standing up and pulling her with him. "The Captain ran off when we split off and I'm guessing the Princess is with him. I say we head towards him." Ban said finally before he glanced at Jericho. "Never liked that barber boy anyway." He muttered and smirked. "We'll have to catch up later, Cals. But now, the Captain." He said. Calla nodded before pulling her hood back up.

"Just call my Callum so we can fuck with your team later." She said, and Ban's grin widened.

"Of course." They shared a brief smile until screams cut through the air. The pair moved quickly, jumping roof to roof until they came upon a bloody scene.

"Please! Meliodas! Save me!"

"Shouting at that rock will not bring your savior back." Guila said annoyedly. Ban held his arm out suddenly, stopping Calla short.

"What was that for?" She demanded quietly. Ban held a finger up to his mouth.

"Sneak attack, Cals." He answered. Calla watched with her eyes narrowed when she saw the Third Princess of Liones. Elizabeth Liones. She was on her knees with another woman clutched against her, purple hair stark against the Princess' pale skin. She held a a goddess amber with a golden chain, gripping it tightly.

"Meliodas!!" She screamed. And as if he had heard her, the amber shattered and purple dispelled from it like a cloud of poisonous fog. An energy emitted from it dangerously. One Calla had not felt in awhile. Ban felt it too before she felt calloused fingers grip her own. It was the same energy of the red demon.

"Be on your guard, Ban. I don't like the feeling of this." Calla said quietly before the smoke started to clear. And in it stood a shirtless Meliodas. One of his pant legs were torn and the right side of his entire body was painted over with purple markings. No longer did he have luminous green eyes. Now, purple orbs devoid of any emotion stared at the Princess, mouth parted in an 'O' shape.

"Meliodas?" Elizabeth whispered before he disappeared. Guila, noticing the burning pain in her hand–or lacking of a hand–glanced down, no longer held Meliodas sword.

She no longer had a hand at all.

Guila screeched, blood streaming down her armor. Her back hunched over and she panted.

"You...You monster!" She shouted. Meliodas didn't even blink when he swiped his hilt down, causing a fissure to go down towards Guila and Jericho, whom had rendezvoused with Guila recently.

"While he's distracted, I want you to grab the Princess and Master." Ban said, pointing towards Elizabeth and a very round boar.

"That's 'Master'?" She deadpanned. Ban grinned.

"Yep. Just keep them safe for now." He said before rushing towards Meliodas. Calla's feet barely touched the ground as she bolted towards Elizabeth. She stopped abruptly.

"C'mon Princess, and Master." Calla said quietly. Elizabeth had no time to react before she was tucked under the arm of Callum...? Hawk squealed as he was picked up as well.

"Wait! What about Sir Meliodas?!" Elizabeth yelled. Calla sighed.

"He'll be fine. Ban's taking care of him." She said.

"How do you know who Sir Ban is?" Elizabeth asked, and Calla snorted.

"Sir Ban fits him terribly. But let's just say we're well acquainted." Calla said, before glancing back just to witness Ban getting cut in half. "Haha dumbass!" Calla shouted. Ban glared at her as he stood back up.

"Shut it, Cals." He snapped back. Calla snickered and Elizabeth wondered to herself, how close are they?