Chapter 15 l Holy Knights

Calla had opted to break off from Ban, Meliodas and Gowther, finding the maelstrom of attacks across the town far more interesting. It started with lighting strikes making the ground itself shake before tornadoes tore across the land. She recognized the tornadoes from the Vaizel Fighting Festival. Departing with a wink, she had flicked her hood back up, brandishing her whip. Hooking onto taller buildings she flew through the air. She heard a familiar scream and sped up more. As she lay suspended in air for the few seconds, a gasp ran through her. A beam of white shot from a knight in red's sword, spearing straight through Diane's stomach. The giantess took a few steps back, tripping over her feet and started falling backwards. Thinking quick, Calla propelled herself forward, wrapping her whip around her waist and holding her arms up, straining to keep even Dian's shoulder up. The giantess coughed and Calla distantly heard the awes of the knight's power.

"Calla...?" Diane murmured. "What are you doing here?" She asked. Calla grunted before lowering the Sin to the ground to the best of her ability. Holding her hands out, her fingertips glowed a comfortable yellow.

"Saving your ass. I'm not sure how much I can help, but I'll try." Calla remarked. "Restoration." She murmured. The more severe wounds stopped bleeding, but didn't knit back together. Diane sat up then, holding herself up by her elbows.

"I already know that Elizabeth was taken by one of you. Someone suddenly appeared...And disappeared right away." She said. The other knights seemed surprised, still unable to see Calla behind Diane's bulk.

"E..Even after she was pierced through the chest...Is she immortal?" A man with blonde hair asked. Howzer—Calla remembered him from the Fighting Festival.

"Stop...! Don't stand up!" He cried. Diane forced herself up.

"The giants are tougher than you think!!" She shouted, lunging forward to strike. The man in red only tutted before rearing forward.

"Pierce!" He shouted and another white beam of light went through her leg. Blood flew from the wound and Diane's mouth. "Pulverize!" Diane went flying over the buildings behind her and Calla heard the distant screams from the impending doom of a giant falling from the sky. Howzer seemed to finally notice Calla standing there, swords drawn and went to point her out when the man in red pulled a bead from his armor.

"I am Great Holy Knight Dreyfus." He said. "Citizens of Liones, listen well. The rebels known as the Seven Deadly Sins have infiltrated Liones and Staged an attack! The Holy War foretold in the ancient prophecy has begun!! But do not be afraid...!! The Holy Knights and I, the great Holy Knight, will protect the Kingdom of Liones!" He announced. "There will be no tomorrow for the kingdom if we do not win this Holy War. Those of you that can fight take up arms and rise!" Calla watched as a knight with black hair ran off and the other knights seemed to have taken notice of her. Dreyfus eyed her with disgust.

"So, you aline yourself with the Seven Deadly Sins, it seems." He said before motioning his hand. "Gilthunder, Howzer, dispose of her." Howzer seemed apprehensive, but the pink haired one—Gilthunder, Calla presumed—rushed forward. She held her swords as and X, catching the blade. Lightning sizzled down the blades and she distantly felt a shock. Feeling the wind of an approaching tornado, she pushed Gilthunder back, snarling in anger. He seemed surprised as she switched her grip on the blades before spreading her feet wide.

"Deadly Whirlwind!" She cried, twirling with the grace of a dancer. Blood red streaked from her blades, exploding in a circular motion. The armor that the knights wore didn't protect them from the incoming strike and blood spurt from the horizontal wounds. She turned, expecting Gilthunder to rush her as a familiar beam went through her throat, hood flying backwards. Blood flew from her mouth and she held her throat. Dreyfus grinned in victory before Calla disappeared in a flash and reappeared in front of him.

"Just kidding." She joked, rearing back to strike, like a cobra. She brought her blades down...