Chapter 33 l Galand

"Why didn't anyone tell me my twin was gonna be here~?" Calla inquired, watching as Meliodas flew towards the white behemoth wreaking the havoc in Camelot. She was still dizzy from when Merlin decided on teleporting the entire Boar Hat to Camelot, not believing what her eyes showed her.

"Even among all the giants I know, I've never seen anything this big!" Diane said.

"I'm sensing multiple magical presences from within it's body but I don't sense any life forces...It is most likely a golem." Merlin murmured. Meliodas nodded.

"Yeah...That's a weapon." He remarked. "The giant beast Albion. The Demon Clan created them during the ancient wars and, apparently, this one still survived. It was probably reactivated along with the Ten Commandments resurrection." Diane looked puzzled by this.

"Ten Commandments?" She inquired. Meliodas waved his hand.

"I'll explain more later."

"This...Is a returning nightmare?" Slater asked. "The drive I feel from it...It's on the same level as when Hendrickson had transformed into a monster!" Calla distantly heard Hawk yelling something about power levels but decided against listening. If it's strong, it's strong. The Albion let out an ear deafening roar before lifting it's arm, aiming for the Boar Hat. It swung down and Calla nearly went flying—if not for Meliodas holding onto her arm—as the Boar Hat jerked to the side, swooping away.

"WE SUDDENLY DODGED OUT OF NOWHERE?!!" Hawk screamed. Merlin shrugged.

"Would you have preferred we not dodge?" She asked idly.

"Well, not exactly." Hawk muttered. The Albion, angered that it couldn't get the Boar Hat, threw it's fist towards Camelot, only for it to stop abruptly.

"It looks like the magical, barrier wall I erected earlier worked." She remarked.

"You were able to put a barrier up over the entire town, you are amazing, My Lady~!" Slater complemented.

"Even so, spreading the barrier over this wide of a range has made its defenses thinner...At most, it can withstand another two blows." The Albion brought it's fist back down and Merlin frowned. "It's probably gone now." A great fireball came flying from it's mouth, heading straight towards the kingdom. From below, magical attacks exploded, causing the ball of fire to dissipate. But the Albion was not done as another fireball came flying. Merlin smirked at this before snapping her fingers. Meliodas gave them a two fingered salute before disappearing. Calla watched as the ball was deflected, right into the behemoth's gaping maw. She snorted. Figuring the fight that would ensue would come to it's end soon enough, she decided on following Slater and Elizabeth into the shop. Elizabeth didn't sit down, she began to pace as Calla perched herself onto the table.

"So, Princess." She started. Elizabeth jumped a little. "What's got you all antsy? Don't tell me...It's Meliodas, inn't?" The girl blushed.

"Uhm—Yes, it is." She said. "Mistress Calla—" She cut herself off at the Sins' warning glance. "—Calla, may I ask you a question?" Calla pat the stool next to her. Elizabeth sat down daintily.

"Knock yourself out, Elizabeth." The girl fidgeted some.

"Are you truly okay with Sir Ban leaving and being in potential danger?" She inquired. Calla chuckled.

"Of course I am. I trust Ban more than anyone in my life. He may not seem like it, but he'll always choose the right path, and he made a promise once that he'd always return to me, no matter what." Calla smiled, remembering his younger self with a tooth missing and smiling like a goofball. She cocked her brow when Elizabeth didn't say anything. "You can ask anything else if you'd like. I'm old as dirt compared to you." Elizabeth giggled some before frowning.

"How did you know you were in love with Ban?" She asked. Calla tapped her chin in thought.

"I'm not really sure." She said. "We grew up together in a shitty environment and stayed together through thick and thin. I guess it just came naturally. We never really said the "I love you's" for awhile. At least, until we made out in an alleyway and ran away giggling like the horney teenagers we were." She laughed softly. Elizabeth nodded.

"But how could you tell he loved you?" She asked.

"His actions." Calla answered. "And then his words. Ban was more of a show, don't tell kind of guy back then. Though, he flirted. A lot." Elizabeth thought about the information for a moment. "And I think Meliodas is too, so I wouldn't expect a sudden declaration of love, Elizabeth." She said. Elizabeth blushed. "Though, if you told him it yourself—knowing he reciprocated these feelings at least—he'd probably go out and say it."

"I—thank you, Calla." Calla pat her shoulder.

"Of course. I understand how confusing life can be. And come to me if you ever need any advice. Feeling the shaking from earlier slowing to a stop, Calla jumped to her feet. "Righty-O, I'm going to go and see the cinnamon bun outside. You're welcome to join me~"

~

"Ahaha, you're so friggin' adorable~!" Calla sang, ruffling Arthur's hair. He smiled, blushing.

"Uhm, thank you, Miss Calla." He said, rubbing the back of his neck. Calla grinned.

"You're to pure for this world. I'm now pledging to protect you with my life." He began waving his hands to refuse when Meliodas approached them. The pair delved into a conversation about the Ten Commandments, something Calla had already heard.

"Hehe, aren't you all forgetting something?" Hawk inquired, ganging everyone's attention. If we have Meliodas' move from earlier, what do we have to be afraid of?"

"Tha...That's right!" Arthur exclaimed. "Just as Sir Pig says!" Calla snorted and Hawk looked perplexed. "That move was amazing!" The twinkling in Arthur's eyes made Calla smile. He really looked up to Meliodas.

"Nishishishi, that wasn't exactly my move." He pulled out his blade. "It's the Sacred Treasure Lostvayne's special ability, Physical Clone." He explained, just as four more copies surrounded him.

"Is this an illusion?" Elizabeth inquired. And then the molestation began. The Meliodas all attached themselves to her.

"Hmm, who knows?" One inquired. Calla put a hand over Arthur's eyes, trying to conserve some of his innocence. Slater, Diane and Hawk all ganged up on the copies, beatin the living hell out the Captain. As Merlin explained his weapon, Calla started casually walking around the group. Something was off. No. She thought. Something is coming. And then the village exploded. She felt an arm wrap around her waist as Meliodas yanked her and Elizabeth back from the maelstrom.

"Hmm, seventy-two steps." A voice from the dirt cloud muttered. "I thought it'd only take seventy-steps...I've become so slow in the past three thousand years." Meliodas eyes narrowed.

"You're...Galand of the Ten Commandments!" 

~

Authors Note: Hello my lovely readers~! I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, especially after not updating for three days straight, but I'm going to have to pause this story indefinitely. I'm not abandoning the story, but I won't be able to update anymore. You see, our school is making us return our laptops, and I don't have any other devices I can write on. See, if I end up getting enough money for my own, I'll start updating again, but I think this is it for the summer. Again, I am so so sorry! I don't want to end my story abruptly like this--especially when the plot is picking up again--but I'm going to have to leave it at this. Before I leave, I wanted to thank everyone who has read, voted and commented on this story. Every time I see a notification about this story, it makes me smile like an idiot. I never expected the story to get over a thousand reads, and I am so thankful of everyone who reads this story. I hope you all have a great summer, and enjoy it to it's fullest--even through the dang 'Rona--maybe get outside some with friends, write a little yourself. I'll see you guys in fall!  Have a great summer and again, thank you so much for reading! I love you guys more than anything~!

Ciao~!

~Mynameisinuse1