Chapter 24 l Gray Demon

"What is that monster corpse!!?" Diane squealed. "It's all red and fat...Gross!" She shivered.

"That looks just like the legendary..." King started. Meliodas nodded.

"Yeah....It's a demon." He said.

"The power emanating from the corpse matches the sinister power that was felt from Dale and the New Generations." Gowther remarked. "There is no doubt that this is the source of it"

"The demons...Really do exist?" King inquired.

"Twenty years ago...Everything began when this corpse was discovered in the burnt-down Fairy King's Forest." Calla's eyes narrowed down. So, we meet again, you piece of shit. "This red demon brought many blessings upon us! The experiments on the old and New Generations for finding compatible vessels for the demon blood. The deciphering of parts of dark magic. And the result of it all is that I've obtained the power of a red demon." Dark tendrils shot from his hand and the Sins dodged. Calla let it spear right through her, not really minding. Ban didn't even flinch as he walked through it, towards Hendrickson.

"Obtained the power of the red demon?" He asked. "Then you can't beat me, nor Calla." He delivered a swift blow to Hendrickson's head. "I'm the one who killed that fucking fat-ass!" He roared. Hendrickson went flying and Ban turned around, grabbing his staff before turning back to the demon and destroying it's corpse. As Calla appeared by Ban's side, King floated towards them.

"About twenty years ago, you actually..." Calla's arm went around Ban's waist and she peered back at King.

"It doesn't matter what happened back then." She said. King nodded, floating towards Diane as they peered over the hole Ban had created. "Hey, you alright?" She inquired. Ban leaned against her some.

"Yeah, I'm good." He touched her face. Calla winced.

"How bad is it?" She asked. Ban chuckled giving her a quick kiss.

"It looks beautiful. Now come on, we have a battle to fight." He said. She distantly heard Diane whine that she couldn't fit as they plummeted towards the bottom of the cave. She was soon shroud in darkness and tightened her grip on Ban as they landed.

"Well then," Meliodas started. "It's good that we're here, but it's pitch dark down here."

"No shit." Calla muttered.

"Spirit Spear, Chastifol Seventh Figuration, Luminosity." King said, sighing.

"Your Sacred Treasure is really useful." Meliodas said, eyeing the glowing orb. Gowther looked down at the ground.

"A trail of blood." He pointed out. As they delved deeper into the caverns, Calla felt herself becoming more uneasy. She had never been a fan of caves, but something else was bothering her.

"Hendiiii~Can you come out in play~?" Ban sang, looking around.

"I'm right here." Hendrickson's voice echoed throughout the cavern and they all looked up to see him, standing in front of a large thing. "I must say, I'm quite surprised. And I must thank you, Fox's Sin of Greed, Ban. Thanks to you, I was able to obtain the powers of that red demon." Ban cracked his neck.

"Yo' welcome~" Hendrickson's grin disappeared.

"But that was just the beginning." He said. King looked past Hendrickson at the large thing.

"Captain, there's something in front of us!" He said.

"I longed for a resilient body." Hendrickson explained. "Unlike the blood of the red demon, no human or any living being for that matter can withstand this one's blood. My hypothesis is that the blood of a red demon of the same family should be able to withstand the rebound." Calla sucked in a breath at the sight behind Hendrickson. King's light illuminated the body of a beast.

"Wha...What? What is that!? He demanded.

"This is a gray demon. It was discovered just a few years ago. Isn't it magnificent?" Hendrickson inquired. "The genealogy and biology of demons are still shrouded in mystery. But one thing we can say fro certain at this moment is." He pushed a small syringe in before taking some blood. "It's a higher being than the red demon." The syringe hovered over his arm. "I wanted more time to conduct my research, but you leave me with no choice."

"You can't be serious!" Meliodas shouted. Hendrickson pushed the syringe into his arm and began to convulse. He bowed over, breath coming out in large pants. When he stood back up straight, he looked as he had when Calla had begun to fight him. He smiled.

"I really wanted to." Calla felt Ban leave her side and watched as the latter jumped forward, attacking Hendrickson.

"Like I give a damn~!" He sang.

"Ban! Pull back!" Meliodas shouted. Ban exploded, only his bottom half left. But Calla's eyes were not on him. They were on Hendrickson.

"Is that...Hendrickson?" King asked. Meliodas' eyes narrowed.

"No," he answered. "Not anymore!"