Chapter 11 l Surprise, Surprise

"So, Elizabeth, you getting anything special today?" Calla asked, hands shoved into the pockets of her trousers. Elizabeth, who was wearing a shawl to cover her hair and identity, shook her head.

"No, Sir Meliodas told me specifically to get herbs and spread the word of the Boar Hat." She answered. Calla rolled her eyes.

"You really like him, huh?" Calla asked. Elizabeth instantly flushed, shaking her head and motioning her hands wildly.

"N-no! Not at all Lady Calla!" Calla snorted.

"Lady?" She inquired. "And I can tell a liar when I see one. You totally have the hots for Sir Meliodas." Calla said, imitating Elizabeth. The latter blushed a deeper red before smiling.

"I guess your right." She answered. "Sir Meliodas is the one who saved me, and is currently helping me." She explained. Calla chuckled.

"I knew it. And I won't tell him, if that's what you'd like." She said. Elizabeth nodded in thanks. "It's what friends are for, right?" A smile found it's way onto the Princess' lips.

"Yeah...Friends." As they approached the village, Calla dropped a few gold coins into Elizabeth's hand.

"Go find yourself a little something." She said. Elizabeth looked surprised before thanking her. Calla grinned before dropping a few in the satchel around Hawk's neck. "You too big guy. I'll be back. I need some new clothes. Try not to get into trouble you two!" She called over her shoulder as the pair smiled happily to each other.

~

"Woo-hoo!" Calla sang, swinging the bags in her hands excitedly. Now that she had found some freedom, she wanted a less....depressing outfit. While Elizabeth and Hawk were putting out advertisements, she decided on buying what she wanted for a change. But when she returned to the spot where Elizabeth was putting the posters, the pair was gone. Calla crossed her arms, huffing. How rude. Leaving without telling me. Calla stuck out her lower lip childishly before deciding to throw all normal standards for society and booking it to the Boar Hat. She made in around ten seconds, not her best time, but then again, it was more like a leisure stroll. She pushed the door open violently as her eyes laid sight to more people than normal. Oh yeah, it's a bar. She thought, winking at Meliodas, who was behind the counter talking to a stranger with pink hair. Ooookay then. She smiled briefly at the sight of Ban taking up an entire table before bounding up the stairs, just as she hear a quiet shout.

"Oi Calla!" It was Meliodas. She turned, quirking a brow.

"Whaddya need Shortstack?" She asked. He crossed his arms, a smirk playing across his lips.

"If you're gonna stay here, you're going to have to work your fair share." He said, and she snorted.

"Uh huh. I'll be cooking with Ban then, don't expect me to be a waitress in that skimpy outfit." She called over her shoulder. Meliodas shrugged as she climbed the stairs. Laying the clothing across the bed, she stripped down to her undergarments. She pulled a loose white shirt over her shoulders, buttoning it up before hopping into high-waisted black pants and tucking the shirt in. Shoving her feet into boots, she combed her fingers through her hair. She glanced in the mirror, winked, and left the room, going down the stairs. When she skipped the last few stairs, landing on the wooden floor, there were significantly less people. "Phew, I hate social interaction." She muttered. Leaning over the counter where Meliodas was serving said pink-haired person from before, Calla grinned. "So, Meliodaf, what's up for me first?" She asked. He rolled his eyes, smirking when she felt a tingly sensation on the back of her neck. "What in the hell—?"

"Name, Calla Williams. Age, thirty-five. Sex, female. Current occupation, wanted for the destruction of the Fountain of Youth. Romantic interests, one. Favorite hobby, cooking and running in the morning. Is insecure about her looks and scars—"

"Hey!" Calla yelled, her gaze snapping person talking about Calla's personal information. "I'd appreciate it—whoever you fucking are—would stop talking about me and my personal shit!" They blinked, golden eyes big.

"I apologize. It was only out of my curiosity." They said, pushing up their glasses and striking a pose, peace sign hovering above their right eye. "I am Gowther, the Goat Sin of Lust." Calla's eyes snapped open, lips parted in surprise.

"You're a guy?!"