Chapter 9 l Comrades

Calla happened to be sitting on the least comfortable rock ever in her entire life.

"Welp, guess everyone died, 'cept for us. I call that a good day!" Ban laughed before Calla whacked him on the arm. She only glanced up when she heard very loud steps.

"Hey guys!" Diane greeted, Gideon balanced against her shoulder. Ban stood up with King still tucked under his arm. Calla stayed towards the back as Diane brought her hand down. And in her palm sat a very beaten up Meliodas.

"Hey everybody." He greeted before getting set down. Almost as soon as he was on his feet, Ban knocked him in the jaw. "What was that for?!" Meliodas demanded, wobbling on his feet.

"That was for slicing me in half." He muttered. Diane looked down at King, who had a large cut on his frontside.

"You okay, King? Looks like you took quite the beating." She said. King rubbed the back of his neck.

"Yeah. I'm fine. This is nothing!" Ban loomed over him.

"Well hey, looks like you aren't so weak after all!" He said, clapping his hand over King's shoulder and cut. King yelped before the Sins seemed to notice Calla half hidden beside Ban.

"And uh, why is that fighter here?" Meliodas asked, still standing next to Elizabeth.

"Oh, this is my lover." Ban answered. Their mouths dropped open as he brought 'Callum' against himself and kissed him.

"I..er...I didn't realize you swung that way." Meliodas stammered. 'Callum' laughed. A very feminine laugh at that before 'he' pushed his hood back, revealing her normal features.

"Naw, we were just fucking with you." She said.

"And I swing both ways." Ban said. "With my fists."

"So who are you then?" King inquired, inspecting her face closer. Defined cheekbones, full lips, black hair longer in the front. Her green-blue eyes shaped liked almonds were sparkling with mischief. Definitely a friend of Ban's.

"Calla Williams, at your service~" She purred, bowing. "Ban and I have known each other for awhile now." She answered. "And who are you?"

"King, or Harlequin." He answered and Calla's eyes locked with Ban's.

"He's—" She started before Ban nodded.

"Yeah, Elaine's brother." He said quietly, but King heard him. His eyes narrowed.

"You knew Elaine?!"

"Yeah. I told you, Ban and I have known each other for a long time. We were both in the same prison because of false accusations. I hope you know we didn't burn down the Fairy King's Forest." She said. King's eyes only narrowed further.

"So you're the same as that bastard over there?!" He demanded. Ban cracked his fingers.

"Just because your wounded, fairy, I won't hold back when I throw you into next year for insulting her." Ban said, a dangerous edge to his voice. "You know a red demon was the cause of that accident." He said. King huffed before landing on Chastifol, floating towards Diane.

"My knight in shining armor~!" She cooed. Ban flushed a deep red.

"Shaddup..."