Chapter 31 l Omen

A/n: So I decided on skipping over the little ceremony mostly because it's pretty boring overall and it's just Meliodas beating up a knight and Hawk observing everyone's power. Also, prepare yourselves because this chapter has a few small paragraphs. Enjoy~!

~

"The omen of a Holy War has not been dissipated, but rather, has strengthened even further!" Bartra announced. "The new omen shall be upon the kingdom of the south. A beast with the likeness of a mountain seal awaken." He explained. "Three heroes shall stand up against it and darkness shall bore a great hole in the land." Calla held her chin in between her fingers. I was never good with riddles and this is majorly fucking with my mind. She thought.

"Bartra...What did you see?" Meliodas asked.

"In the new kingdom to the South...An immense threat is bearing down upon its capital, Camelot!"

~

"Hey Captain, are you really sure you comprehended the King's vision?" Diane inquired as they walked down the street.

"Yeah, yeah, no sweat." Meliodas said casually, his arms tucked behind his head. "He was just saying that something big might happen over in Camelot, right?" Before anyone could answer, the world began to shake. Calla held her arms out for balance as Hawk screeched,

"AN EARTHQUAKE?!" He demanded.

"The tremors seem to be resonating from the East..." Gowther murmured.

"What is this?! The end of the world?!" Diane wondered aloud. Calla's eyes narrowed down as Hawk circled around Meliodas.

"Whats up, Meliodas? You're the last person I'd expect to see the 'I've soiled myself' look from..." Hawk pointed out. Meliodas' shaky hand clenched.

"Have they...Finally awakened?!" He asked, a nervous bead of sweat rolling down his brow. Calla crossed her arms.

"He really has lost it this time, huh?" She muttered. But what is this sense of unease? She frowned. The King was right. Hendrickson was only the beginning. Something bigger is going hit and I don't know if we're all going to survive.

~

Calla knocked back her ale, enjoying the warmth that filled her stomach. Meliodas was behind the counter, washing tankards and humming under his breath. It felt empty in the Boar Hat. Ban and King had went off to the Fairy King's Forest, Diane was out and about and Gowther was with his new fling Guila. Calla knew Caed would be meeting with her later in the evening before she left to go to Camelot. He had called off training with her because he knew she would busy. She smiled briefly, remembering how he had gushed how cool it was that she had become a part of the Seven Deadly Sins. Diane and Elizabeth had congratulated her earlier as well and it had left Calla giddy with happiness.

"So, Meliodas," Calla started, gaining his attention. "There's been something bothering me lately." Calla ran her finger over the rim of her tankard. "You're a demon, aren't you?" Meliodas set his rag down, sighing as if he expected the question.

"I am." He answered.

"I see." She murmured. Meliodas quirked a brow.

"You're not surprised? Or angry?" He inquired. "I heard what happened back in the Fairy King's Forest." Calla chuckled.

"I'm a little surprised, or I was but after seeing you in action and that mark, it was pretty obvious." She leaned her head on her fist. "And you saved my life, Meliodas. You may be from the Demon Clan, but you're a genuinely good person." She punched his shoulder lightly. "I trust you, Cap'n." He smiled before the door hung open.

"Welcooome...Huh?" Calla followed his line of sight and saw Elizabeth walking in. Meliodas went back to cleaning another tankard. "Oh, 'sup Elizabeth! What business does the princess have in a bar like this?" He inquired. She took a few more steps in.

"Um...I wanted to speak with you, Sir Meliodas..." She said. Meliodas switched to another glass.

"I'm busy right now...Maybe later?" She looked surprised. "If your dad finds out that you're here, he's gonna pop a vein in his head."

"I can handle him yelling at me! Don't worry!" Elizabeth exclaimed suddenly. Meliodas ran his rag over the counter.

"But he's gonna chew me out too! If he finds out that I'm using you as a waitress, man he's gonna rip me a new one!" Meliodas whined.

"We're going to be leaving for Camelot soon, right?" Elizabeth inquired.

"Yep." Meliodas answered, popping the 'p.'

"Then I'm going to start making preparations to leave as well!" She announced.

"Don't think so." Meliodas shut her down in a matter of seconds and Calla cocked her brow at him. He ignored this. "We've fulfilled out promise with you of saving the kingdom." He reached up onto the shelf, popping open a bottle of ale. "There is no more reason for you to journey with us." He poured the ale into a tankard for himself and filled Calla's back up. She tipped it towards him with a smile.

"But...Sir Meliodas...Didn't you say that when this was all over, that we'd run the store together again?" Elizabeth inquired. Calla saw Meliodas wince.

"I don't remember saying that. Maybe you misheard me?" He set the bottle back on the shelf.

"You are acting aloof...Sir Meliodas!" She cried. "Did something happen?"

"How's this for aloof?" Meliodas asked, lifting her skirt up and molesting her legs. "Hrm, nope. Everything appears to be in it's rightful place." Hawk came flying from the backroom and Meliodas mushed his face in between Elizabeth's breasts. "Although...this is even better than usual." He observed as Hawk began wrapping him up with rope.

"Elizabeth, run while you can!" Hawk shouted as Meliodas muttered something under his breath. "You shut it!"

"But I still haven't finished talking to Sir Meliodas..." Elizabeth argued. Meliodas, now in a barrel smiled.

"Sorry, but I've got to start restocking the supplies." He explained. "King was supposed to be doing it but...He's nowhere to be found." Elizabeth's face fell before she moped out of the Boar Hat. Calla pried open the barrel and Meliodas undid the ropes. Calla gave him a long look as he leaned on the counter, sighing.

"You didn't have to be so harsh to her, Meliodas." She observed. Meliodas took a swig off of his tankard.

"I know. But that's the only way I can keep her safe." He said. "Yesterday...The seal was broken." Calla's mouth parted in surprise.

"What?" She echoed. Meliodas sighed before sliding over the counted and settling on the stool next to her.

"The Ten Commandments were released yesterday." He gave her a smile, but it didn't reach his eyes. "Guess I have a lot to explain, huh?"