Chapter 14 l Kidnapped

"What are you doing?" Ban inquired, eyes narrowed at Gowther.

"This is the greeting the Captain showed me yesterday." Gowther explained as he gripped Ban's chest like Meliodas often did to the Princess. Calla cackled next to him unable to help herself. Watching Ban get groped to her was hilarious. She made a mental note to pinch his behind sometime. Ban leaned on a fist as Gowther settled down on another stool.

"So where are we going now?" Ban asked.

"Any chance you have a lead on where the next Sin may be?" King inquired, sprawled across his arms and the bar.

"Escanor and Merlin..." Gowther murmured.

"No," Meliodas turned. "First, I'm going back to the capital and getting my sword back." King sat up at this.

"What are you talking about? You mean that dragon hilt you lost?" Ban asked, eyebrows furrowed together.

"i'm not goin' anywhere without it." Meliodas returned before slamming his fists own on the bar. "Okay! Who's coming with me?" Calla perked up.

"Me! I'll go!" She answered excitedly before noticing how King slumped back down.

"Fun as that sounds, I think I'll pass." Ban said.

"Besides, it's your own fault you lost it in the first place." King muttered, picking at his nails.

"He has a point." Gowther agreed. Meliodas disappeared before reappearing in front of Elizabeth, arms wrapped around her legs and head stuffed under her skirt.

"I'm so sad!" He cried. Elizabeth pet his head awkwardly.

"There, there." She murmured. Diane's head exploded through the window.

"Captain!" She roared.

"She cray-cray." Calla murmured. Meliodas sighed before grabbing a small hammer and some boards.

"Right," he started. "The Coffin of Eternal Darkness. That dragon hilt is a fragment of a ritual relic. According to an ancient legend...It's part of a relief created to seal away the Demon Race. When the Goddess, Giant, Fairy and Human races joined forces long, long ago." He explained.

"Why do the Holy Knights want it?" Elizabeth inquired. "What could they be planning to do with something like that?"

"More than likely...The resurrection of the Demon Clan." Ban set his hand on his chin.

"Those miserable bastards again?" He inquired. Calla decided not to correct him that she was pretty sure their Captain was a part of said clan.

"Now that you mention it, wasn't it Hendrickson who turned Dale into that monster?" King inquired. "It's not everyday you can see someone do that."

"Yes. No doubt about that." Gowther agreed.

"Hendrickson...I wonder why he and Dreyfus would do such a thing." Elizabeth murmured. "It doesn't make sense. Why would he resurrect the demon race? What could he hope to accomplish?" Before anyone could answer, Diane landed up against the window.

"Hey Captain! if that sword of yours really can resurrect the Demon Clan, and Hendrickson has it, do you think he's already brought them back?" She inquired. Meliodas crossed his arms.

"Not yet. It's a pretty powerful seal. So even if they do manage to break it, there's bound to be some kind of sign." He answered. Calla flinched as an obnoxious sound went through the bar. Hers and the Sins' attention went towards the source. Hawk hobbled on his two legs, sweat slicking his skin.

"It's a sign...I'm getting a sign!" He ground out. "The seal is about to be broken." Elizabeth turned towards the boar, crouching down next to him.

"Hawk, are you alright?" She inquired.

"Hang on..." He trailed off. "I get why those guys are going after the sword, but I don't understand what they want with you, Elizabeth."

"It's simple." A voice purred. Elizabeth spun around as everyone's eyes landed on a woman in a red dress, staff in hand. "She's the last key to breaking the seal." A red eye gleamed behind her mask.

"Elizabeth! Get away!" Meliodas shouted, lunging forward as both Elizabeth and Hawk glowed along with the woman. They disappeared as Meliodas landed on the stone flooring. Meliodas' shoulders heaved before he screamed. "Damnit!" He turned on his heel, bolting towards his sword before flying outside, the door slamming behind him.

"What's going on?" Ban asked.

"Most likely, a mage." Gowther answered. "Instantly appearing in the right spot and then vanishing." The group of three followed behind King as they ran outside. "It's an advance teleporting technique." Gowther continued.

"To the capital! I'm heading over right now to save Elizabeth!" Meliodas yelled. King floated up behind him.

"But how? It's more than forty miles away." Meliodas looked at Diane.

"Diane!" He ordered. She nodded.

"Gotcha Captain!"

"Not so fast," Ban interrupted, grabbing Meliodas. "I changed my mind, I'm coming with you!" Calla grabbed Ban.

"And I never changed my mind." She retorted.

"Ban, would you stop foolin' around!" King yelled.

"You've got your reasons for going, and I've got one too." Ban said. Calla froze up when a pair of arms secured around her waist.

"I'm coming with you too." Gowther announced. Calla then shrugged to herself. Gowther was Gowther. As King yelled at them, Diane grabbed them all in her hand, lifting them up.

"Ban and the Captain always fight, so seeing them in action could be...Educational." Gowther informed them.

"Here goes. I may be a little off, so be careful." Diane warned.

"Just get us close. We'll take it from there." Meliodas returned.

"All right." Diane took a step back before raising her fist. "No matter what happens, just bring Elizabeth back safe." Meliodas nodded.

"Right!" Diane took one step forward, breaking into a sprint. She lifted a leg, jerking her arm forward.

"We're dead!" Ban ground out.

"Did you say something?!" Meliodas demanded.

"You'll have to speak up a bit." Gowther explained. Calla tucked her face behind Ban's back as the Capital approached, preparing for impact. A cloud of smoke shrouded their arrival. The four jumped forward as Meliodas gave them an order.

"The only reason we're here is to get Elizabeth back!" He explained. "So try to keep the fighting to a minimal.

"Understood." Gowther replied.

"Yeah, but we can still kick a little ass while we're here, right, Captain?" Ban inquired and Calla smirked at the question. Meliodas spared him no glance.

"Go straight for the kill!"