Chapter 25 l Dark Snow

He walked towards them like an avenging angel. Although, he had demon blood. And Calla hated him. Aaaaand Hendrickson was evil. No, maybe not an avenging angel. Calla thought, readying her blades as the demon Hendrickson had become walked agonizingly slowly towards the group of knights. His eyes went over the group before settling down on one person; Elizabeth. Meliodas followed his line of sight and rushed forward.

"He's after Elizabeth!" He shouted. "Don't let him get near her!" His sword only pushed into Hendrickson's skin and the Meliodas was thrown sideways after Hendrickson delivered a swift blow to Meliodas' head. Gowther slid behind the knight, hands glowing pink.

"Rewrite Light..." His attack never finished as his head went flying. A few knights jumped away and Calla sucked in a breath.

"Please stop, Great Holy Knight Hendrickson!" A knight shouted. "You are suspected of plotting to overthrow the kingdom! If you continue to resist, we will have no choice but to retaliate and kill you as Holy Knights who protect the kingdom!" Hendrickson didn't even blink as small black orbs surrounded him.

"Dark Snow!" He threw his hands wide and the orbs began raining down like snowflakes. A knight with longer hair lifted his arm up some.

"Wha...What are these?" He wondered as one of them tapped his arm. His eyes widened before his body blackened and fell towards Gilthunder.

"Hey! Pull yourself together! Are you alri..." Gilthunder's eyes widened. "He's dead."

"Everyone! Don't touch the black snow!" Meliodas shouted. "You'll die instantly!" Calla leaned back as a black snowflake came a little too close for her liking.

"This is a frightening technique, but it doesn't take a genius to dodge it!" His head went flying as Hendrickson snapped it off, still walking closer to Elizabeth. Slater, one of the Roars of Dawn rushed forward.

"This is your first time seeing this, right?" He inquired. "Overpower!" Hendrickson froze, unable to move. "We'll finish this in one go! Simon!" The latter lifted his sword.

"Gale Sword!" Hendrickson went flying.

"This is for Jericho! Take this!" A knight with purple hair shouted. "Killer Iceberg!" Hendrickson was enveloped by an ice attack as said knight readied his sword. "It's not over! Blizzard Axel!" Icy winds whipped around the former knight and his form disappeared. Other knights stepped in, attacks whirled around the blizzard.

"Brilliant Detonation!"

"Iron Hammer of the Thunder Emperor!" Fire and lightning exploded, making the ground shake. Through the smoke they could make out an arm.

"He must still be alive." Someone murmured. The storm cleared and an undamaged Hendrickson stood tall.

"No way...The combined attacks of all the Holy Knights did nothing at all!?" A knight murmured.

"Save the complaining for later." Gilthunder snapped. "We have to put our pride as Holy Knights on the line to take him down!"

"He's too powerful! Is this a nightmare?" Someone inquired.

"How could such a monster exist?" Simon murmured. Gilthunder raised his blade, lighting crackling along it.

"If we cower and submit to our fears, who will protect the kingdom?!" Gilthunder demanded. "Show me your pride as the Holy Knights of the kingdom and prove that we truly do have the strength of a thousand men!" He roared. Knights rushed forward, their attacks exploding and crackling on impact. Calla winced at this, she knew it was all futile, Hendrickson was too powerful. Gilthunder went flying past Hendrickson as the demon swiped his arm, cutting many knights in two. The world froze for a moment before blood exploded from Gilthunder's back. Calla heard Margaret shout for him distantly as the Sins began their attack.

"Rising Meteor!" A star shaped column of rock went skyward below Hendrickson. King flew above him, holding out his hand.

"Spirit Spear Chastifol, Eighth Configuration..." Hendrickson's eyes flicked towards King.

"Dark Nebula." King and Diane went flying as an orb of purple and black hit them. Calla's eyes widened as it came flying towards her.

"Oh shi—" Ban shouldered her and she splayed against the ground. As the orb dissipated, Ban pushed himself up.

"You dumbasses!" He shouted. "At least put up a fight and—" Hendrickson came down, spearing Ban in two. As Calla looked around, she saw most of the knights collapsed on the ground, bloodied and unmoving. Hendrickson idly walked through the bodies, looking around.

"Did I kill the sacrifice as well?" He inquired, eyebrows knitting together. Calla followed his line of sight and saw Meliodas standing in front of Elizabeth, his back bloodied and charred. "You are a remarkable man." Hendrickson applauded. He thudded to the ground, struggling to even look up at the princess.

"Elizabeth...Run...Away!" She shook her head, tears gathering in her eyes.

"No, I absolutely will not." She argued. Hendrickson lifted his hand and dark snow surrounded him but did not fall.

"Meliodas, your existence is a dangerous threat." He said. "Be consumed by the darkness." The snow gathered in his hand and formed into a large, black ball. "That even swallows the void of the night. Dead En—" He was cut off by a body colliding with his and grunted. His eyes focused in on Calla who had already reared back, two blades readied. The twin blades sunk into his stomach and shoulder and her lips lifted up.

"Arising Inferno." The pair exploded into a fury of reds and orange. From the cloud of fires, Calla's body went flying, rolling and tumbling against the bloodied flowers. The orange cleared and Hendrickson held another ball of black, though, along his upper half was an almost melting burn mark.

"Dead End." The flowers and grass around him blackened and turned to ashes. Gilthunder pushed himself up some.

"No...Meliodas. If you take that, Even you will..." He didn't get to finish as the ball came flying towards the pair.

"If you're going to kill him, you'll have to...Kill me, too." Elizabeth murmured, reaching her hand out towards Meliodas.

"There is no one who can save you." Hendrickson said.

"Oh yeah there is!" All eyes turned, even Hendrickson's as none other than Hawk stepped in front of Meliodas' fallen form. "Me, Lord Hawk!"