Chapter 12 l Sunsets

Gowther seemed unfazed by her outburst.

"Yes." He answered. Calla was still confused as hell and surprised to say the least. She had just met yet another Sin.

"This day has been full of surprises." She muttered. "And also, quiet down about me. I don't appreciate you spewing shit about me." Calla hissed before feeling a pair of arms wrap around her waist and a head land on her black locks.

"Don't mind him, Cals. Gowther's always been this way." Ban said. "Blunt, and unfeeling to say the least." Though he was acting affectionate and halfway wasted, she could sense some anger radiating off of him. Meliodas leaned over the counter.

"We found him in the forest when we were out hunting." He explained. "He had a holy knight in his old armor. He had been overtaken by a demon of some sort. We thought he was Gowther at first, but then out of no where, this green haired stranger catches one of the fully charged arrows and...Bam! There's Gowther!" Calla rolled her eyes at his explanation.

"Nice, nice." She said, just noticing how warm Ban was. Does he have a shirt on? She wondered. 'Cause I'm about to start sweating balls with him bear hugging me. He seemed to hear her pleads for some cool air by loosening his grip some. She let out a small sigh of content and relief, turning her head some. "So, what do you think about me manning the chef position with you?" She asked, and smiled some when she realized he was not, in fact, wearing a shirt. Not that I'm complaining. He must give Meliodas a run for his money. Ban shrugged.

"It's better than dressing up in that skimpy uniform that the Cap'n loves so much." He answered before lowering his mouth to her ear. "Besides, I'm the only one who should see that much of your skin." He murmured, voice husky. Me likey. Calla thought as shivers tingled her spine. Me likey that fuckin' dominant side of you too. But she wouldn't give him the satisfaction of hearing that.

"Oh yeah?" She started. "Says the one that only has his lower half covered." Calla turned in her seat, fingers thrumming against his chest and stomach before snapping the waistband of his trousers. She looked up at Ban innocently before smirking with a sly edge as her hand gripped his thigh. Hand rubbing the red material. She felt him shudder against her touch before lifting her hand up, putting her fingers under his chin, smirk widening. She liked the flushed look as he looked down at her with half-lidded eyes, intoxicated by lust. She flicked him in the nose. Ban sputtered angrily and she heard Meliodas snort from behind the counter. Oh yeah, forgot he was here.

"Fucking tease." Ban hissed making Calla grin at him, blowing him a kiss as she winked. Meliodas snickered as Gowther looked at the pair with a head cocked to the side in confusion. She then realized that all the Sins were watching and laughed at herself. King was holding a hand against a bloody nose, Elizabeth was blushing like mad and Diane was rubbing her pigtail awkwardly. She smiled with as much innocence as she could muster before turning on her stool, facing Meliodas who had to bite his cheek to keep a straight face as he held a hand high in the air. Calla grinned, reciprocating the high five.

"Good one." He complemented.

"Thanks Shortstack." She said before turning to the other Sins. "As for you all, the show you just witnessed was ten gold coins, better cough it up soon before I beat your ass to Camelot." Ban—despite being majorly flushed and somewhat annoyed—snorted.

"Once a thief, always a thief." He joked. Calla gave him a look.

"Yeah sure, coming from you. I'm sure your just an angel to these people." King was already shaking his head vigorously.

"You're right. I am a fucking angel." He drew a circle above his head. "You see that halo, Baby? Yeah that's right, I earned that shit." Calla glared at him.

"You call me baby one more time. I dare you, Ban-Dit" She threatened.

~

"Hey, Ban." Meliodas started, "so you had a spare for that outfit?" He asked, eyeing the new red shirt. Ban turned, grinning.

"Nah I picked this one up on the way to the village." He answered. Key word: 'Picked.'

"Stole, you mean." Gowther muttered. Calla grinned. This guy just spoke my exact thoughts. Wait.

"This looks so good~!" Hawk sang, hanging over the wooden table covered in food. Diane cocked her head to the side.

"Hawk," she started. "Mind your manners." Elizabeth turned to look at Diane, holding a finger up.

"Um, I think it's bad manners to sit like that." She said quietly. Calla snorted.

"Solid burn." She muttered as Diane laughed, a nervous edge to it. The conversation then turned over to Gowther, as Elizabeth greeted him.

"Nice to meet you, Sir Gowther." She said. "My name is Elizabeth. I'm the third Princess of Liones. Would you please consider joining us in a quest to save the kingdom from the Holy Knights?" You make it sound like a sleepover. Calla thought.

"No." He answered. The expressions the little group held made Calla bow over in laughter. "This isn't the first time we've met."

"Really?" Elizabeth inquired.

"We crossed paths once before in Ordan. And before then, you became acquainted with us when you were only a small child." Gowther answered. Ban scratched the back of his head.

"Well whaddya know...She was always that little runt hanging around the King." King hovered over next to Gowther, murmuring a few words.

"I beg your pardon Princess." Gowther corrected himself. Calla leaned on a fist, watching as Meliodas approached. She felt put out, somehow...Like she didn't belong in the group. Calla sighed, mumbling an excuse to Hawk before trudging off into the forest next to them. An odd sense of loneliness passed through her. She should've been used to it, being on her own, but it felt like a wound being reopened. Ban had moved on from his loneliness, found friends, a new family. Jealousy was never a real problem with Calla, one of the reasons being she never had a reason to be. But in the moment, she was envious. Calla then thwacked herself on the head with her hand. She was being childish. Stop it, mind. She ordered, slowing to a stop. Glancing around, she noticed how far in she had travelled. Hansel, what did I tell you about using breadcrumbs. She thought, smiling to herself. God, I'm hilarious. She scaled the tallest tree, landing on the highest branch. She gave a low whistle at the sight. Better than a lot she had seen. Calla thought of the Fairy King's forest at the sight of endless greenery. She pushed the memories away, instead opting to just enjoy the view. She could see rolling fields of green, a village in the far distance, a lake to the left and the tip of the Boar Hat to her right. A warm breeze whistled through the forest, and Calla took a deep breath in. For once, it was nice to just stop and take a breather. It had been awhile since she could stay in one place for more than one hour. That's what being a criminal is like. She thought, settling down on the branch where she had formerly sat. The sun had just met the horizon, oranges and blues painting the sky. As it dipped slowly, Calla found herself drifting away with the sunlight, the sunset lulling her to sleep.