Destiny

I ran the opposite way, as fast as I could. I looked behind me, and he wasn't very far away. I took a right to loose him and ducked into an alley way, before he could find me. He passed me, and I let out a sigh of relief. You see, it's not like I cannot fight. I can, and I could probably easily kick his ass. But, his status made it a bit more complicated.

Want me to explain?

I was one of the few people who was... Special, you could say. In our tiny town of a population of about 10,000 people, there were a handful of people who could use magic. And because of a tiny mistake that my at-the-time best friend made, the whole town knows about our abilities. Okay, so maybe it wasn't a tiny mistake. And she paid for it with her life. Not like that helped matters, but our head was strict and cruel. He does not tolerate the breaking of rules.

After the news of our abilities got out, we were hunted by the humans. I was 13, at the time. 13, when I lost my parents, and my little brothers. I was one of the only few who survived. I hid my powers and lived with my aunt, Hestia. She brought me up and taught me how to fight. She is the sole reason that I am alive today.

Now, back to the situation. Why am I being chased? Because I lost control for a second, and almost blinded this guy who was taking it too far. And, I did that in public. I use light magic you see, but sadly I haven't mastered it completely, and as a result cannot bend light to my own will. Light magic is not easy to control.

My head whipped to the entrance pf the alley, where I saw my pursuer standing there with a weapon in his hand. I knew what that was. It was meant to torture people like us. People who can use magic. I backed away, trying to assess the alley for a route of escape. The walls were pretty high, but if I could use those garbage cans as a boost, I could make it. The only other problem  was that the person who was pursuing me, was fast. He managed to keep up with me the entire chase. So the chances to make it that way were near to slim. There was no way I could run past him. The garbage cans, it is.

I turned and ran forward and was about to jump onto the cans, when a hand caught my wrist and pulled me back. He pushed me against the wall caging me in, with his arms. It was then, that I got a good look at his face. I shall use one word to describe him. Hot. His sea-green eyes were the exact color of the sea and they were positively beautiful. His hair was pitch black and messy as hell. I had to stop myself from straightening it out.

"Look what we have here, " he said, "A pretty little mage."

I rolled my eyes, and tried to push him away. Sadly, the handsome hunk of rock, didn't even budge.

"Aw, want to leave already?" He said, smirking, "I quite like this position, don't you think?"

"I'm sure you do, now get off."

"No can do, princess. I'll have to take you to the Council. So, you might as well enjoy the last few free moments of your life with a handsome man like me."

"A handsome man who apparently hasn't heard of humility, apparently."

"Don't be like that, princess. I could even let you go. Maybe you used your magic on me and escaped."

"I would have done that way before, if you didn't stand so close to me."

He pushed himself closer to her.

"Is this bothering you, princess?"

"No, and stop calling me that."

"What, princess? No can do... princess. Maybe if you give me your name, I'll reconsider."

"I'm not gonna give my name to a person who is going to arrest me for being a mage."

"Well, my name is Percy. Nice to meet you. And whoever said I was gonna arrest you?"