Detention

"Your cousin is the most infuriating person who I have ever met!" I shouted, slamming my locker shut.

"What did he do now?" Nico said.

"During English, he wouldn't stop bothering me. And when I finally snapped and shouted at him, Mrs. Stone gave me detention! So, now I have to go to detention, along with him, may I add. And then, get screwed by dad."

"Yeah, that sounds like Percy. I feel sorry for you." Nico said, not sounding sorry at all.

"Stop trying to hide your laugh."

"Sorry," he said, snickering, "Wanna go get lunch?"

"Let's go." I said, rolling my eyes.

I did not hate Percy Jackson. He was a nice person. Most of the time. The Stolls, Leo and him always played pranks on everyone and frequently got detention. Of course, they never played a prank on me because they knew that if they tried, they would be hurt. Horribly.

But the fact that he got me a detention, ruining my almost perfect record, infuriated me. Especially cause it wasn't even my fault. So I swore at him in the middle of a class. Very loudly. Many people do that.

Okay, so maybe it was a tiny bit my fault.

Someone slung a hand over Nico's and my shoulder.

"Hey, bitches!"

"Hi, Leo," I said.

Nico just ignored him and took his hand off his shoulder. Leo faked hurt and put his hand on his heart.

"Ouch, Neeks. I'm hurt."

"Like I care."

"Right! You only care about Will. I forgot. Sorry."

That earned Leo a slap on the head from Nico. I laughed.

"You know what he's saying is true, Nico. What's up with Sunshine Boy?"

"Nothing is up. We're just friends."

Leo and I rolled our eyes and entered the cafeteria. I bought myself a burger and a cookie. Most cafeteria's don't have good food. And our cafeteria is not that different. But our cafeteria has the best cookies in the world. So they are in high demand, especially cause they're available only twice a week.

We sat at our table and ate our lunch as we talked about random stuff. Well, not random exactly. We mostly teased Nico about Will. What? It's funny. His reaction is honestly so cute. He turns all red and pretends it doesn't affect him. And then, there's the whole hitting Leo thing. Nico is a very violent person.

I was done with my burger and was about to start on my cookie when felt someone grab it out of my hand and put an arm around my shoulders.

"Thanks, Anna. There were no more cookies left," he said.

Leo stopped laughing and stared dumbfounded at Percy. Nico was froze and looked at me. he gave me a look telling me to calm down.

"You have five second to take your arm off my shoulders and run for your life."

Percy looked at me. I'm pretty sure my eyes were blazing and that looks scary. My grey eyes really bring out my anger and coldness when they need to. I'm so proud of them. Percy freaked. He grabbed his bag and bolted. Too bad for him that his time ran out.

But, before I could get up, Nico and Leo held me down.

"Run for your life, Percy! We'll hold her back for as long as we can!" Leo said.

"Let me go! Leo! Nico! Let me go!"

"Calm down, Annabeth. I know how angry you are, but I don't think you want to go to jail for his murder," Nico said.