Lie To Me

A/N - This is important for the story. Text in bold is Percy's POV. Underlined is Annabeth's POV. If it's bold and underlined, it's both they're POVs. The Italics font is the song's lyrics. It'll probably help if you listen to the song first. That is if you haven't, of course. Also, warning, this is not a happy oneshot.

***

I saw you looking brand new overnight
I caught you looking, too, but you didn't look twice
You look happy
You look happy

I saw her a few days after our break up. She looked happy. Her friends were with her and she seemed to be going to a bar. I couldn't help but think that she looked beautiful. She was wearing a black dress and she had a small purse. I wasn't close enough to see her make-up or anything. But, I could see her beautiful smile form across the street. I feel pathetic. I shouldn't be hung over her like this. She, clearly, is not.

Flashing back to New York City
Changing flights so you'd stay with me
Remember thinking that I got this right

She was gonna move to San Fransisco, for her job. But I didn't want her to go. And she didn't. She stayed. For me. I was so happy when she stayed. I thought I was doing the right thing. So what went wrong? I didn't know what I was going to do without her. I don't know what I'm going to do without her.

Now I wish we'd never met
'Cause you're too hard to forget

I can't get over her. No matter how much I try. She was my life. She is my life. Getting over her is something I cannot do. I love her.

And I know that you don't
But if I ask you if you love me
I hope you li-li-li-lie
Lie to me

Annabeth. Please. Come back to me. Tell me that you love me. Even if you don't. Please, just say you love me. Cause, I love you. Come back to me, Wise Girl.

***

It's three A.M. and the moonlight's testing me
If I can make it 'til dawn then it won't be hard to see
That I ain't happy
I ain't too happy

I saw Percy looking at me across the street. He was sad. And, that made me sad. I drank my way through the night, trying to forget. Sadly, I can't seem to forget that green-eyed idiot. It's a few hours after midnight, and I'm in my balcony, with a cigarette in my hand, basking in the moonlight. I'm not happy.

Flashing back to New York City
Changing flights so you'd stay with me
Problem was I thought I had this right

When I was staying back at New York, with Percy, I thought I was doing the right thing. I was unsure about it at first, sure, but after seeing his face... I was absolutely sure I had made the right decision. But, that ended up to be the problem. I wasn't making the right decision.

Now I wish we'd never met
'Cause you're too hard to forget

No matter how much I drink, I won't be able to forget him. He wormed his way into my heart and he'll never get out. I can't help it. I love him.

And I know that you don't
But if I ask you if you love me
I hope you li-li-li-lie
Lie to me

I know you don't love me. It doesn't seem possible. But, if we ever meet again, even if you don't, tell me you love me. It doesn't matter if you lie to me, just tell me you love me. If I ask you if you love me, lie to me.

 ***

A/N - Okay, I realize that this doesn't make sense, like at all. But, I really wanted to do something like this. I was listening to the song and I thought it would be good idea. This is probably gonna bring me a lot of hate (especially from me), but it's more realistic. I'm really sorry if you didn't understand it, but it's a great song.

Thanks for reading! Please comment!