The Fight

The conversation they had last night was looming over them, like a dark storm cloud. It was very clear that that conversation was on both of their minds, as they were having breakfast in a very awkward silence.

Percy and Annabeth were married for two years now. It was normal for them to have sex at least once a day, they were married after all. But last night, something happened. Something that usually didn't happen. Percy forgot to use protection. And, Annabeth reminded him. Now, that's normal. But that small action, led to a conversation that most recently married people would want to avoid. Okay, yes they weren't recently married. But, they were demigods, and when your a demigod, it's surprising if you even reach the age of marriage, let alone with a person who you've known since they were 12.

To put it simply, Percy asked Annabeth if they ever would have kids. And, Annabeth panicked. She wasn't ready to have kids. She wasn't sure if she ever would be. She knew Percy wanted kids. She'd seen him play with Jason's and Leo's kids. She'd honestly never seen him so happy. Annabeth knew that something would go wrong if she said something about her fears. She was a daughter of Athena, after all. She ended up avoiding the question saying she was tired and wanted to go to sleep.

So, as they were eating blue pancakes, she wished to all the Gods that Percy wouldn't bring it up. Of course, considering how much Hera hates her, she never gets her wish.

"Annabeth, we need to talk about last night."

Annabeth winced. She drank her coffee and hid the uncomfortable face she was making. She took a deep breath.

"Yes, yes we do."

They went to the living room and sat on the couch.

"Right. So. When do you think we'll have kids?" Percy asked.

"Um.. about that.. Percy, I don't think I'm ready."

"For how long?"

"I don't think I'll ever be ready, Percy."

"What do you mean by that, Anna? You never want to have kids?"

"I'm sorry, Perce. But.. I don't feel like it'll be a good idea to bring a kid into our life. Our demigod life."

"Jason and Piper are doing it. So are Leo and Calypso. And Nico and Will!" Percy said, standing up,  "That cannot possibly be the reason why you don't want to have kids Annabeth. There is no way."

"I'm sorry, Percy. I can't do it." She looked at him, tears welling in her eyes.

Percy knelt down and took her hands in his. He placed a kiss on her knuckles.

"Hey, it's alright Wise Girl. I'm not going to go anywhere. And if you don't want to have kids, I'm fine with that. You are all I need. But, I need a reason. I need a reason Annabeth."

"I'm sorry. I don't have a reason. I don't know why every time I think about having a kid, I start panicking. Every time I see you playing with Jasper or Bianca or Esperanza, I want to have a kid, so bad. TO see you that happy. And then, when I imagine being a mother, everything stops and I can't breathe." Tears were flowing freely from her eyes.

Percy sighed and kissed her head. He hugged her and said,  "You're scared of being a mother, Anna. But you'll learn. Everyone will learn. You are amazing Annabeth. And nothing can change that. Our son or daughter will love you with all his or her heart."

"I still need some time, Percy."

"You can take all the time you need. All you need to understand is that it's normal to be scared but you'll get through it. And, who knows, if our kids has both our abilities, then literally no one would be able to stop them. We're an amazing pair. And even if you're not ready to have kids ever, it's alright. You are all I'll ever need."

"I love you, Seaweed Brain," Annabeth said, kissing him.

"I love you, too, Wise Girl."

And, when the time came that Annabeth was finally ready, they produced the most beautiful baby girl anyone ever saw with Percy's sea green eyes and Annabeth's blonde hair. And just like Percy said, Zoe had both her mother's brains and her father's affinity to water. And Zoe would grow up to find a wife, and just like her parents and live a beautiful life with the occasional fights, of course.

***

I know it's pretty short, but hope you like it!

Request and creds for idea go to @Alice_The_Arianator... Thanks for the idea!

Thanks for reading! Please comment and vote!