A Fortunate Accident

It's been five years. Five years since my heart broke. I've dated so many girls after her. Not even one came close to her. Every time I dated some one, I always compared them to her. I hated myself for it but I couldn't help myself.

Of course my friends, Jason, Grover, Leo and Frank, were tired about me sulking over her. So, they decided to take me to the bar. Little did I know, that this night was going to change my life forever.

We headed to the bar. I, being a typical Percy Jackson, got so drunk I wasn't able to walk without stumbling into something. I was dancing, when this blonde girl came up to me and started grinding against me.

Okay, first, let's get one thing straight. I was drunk and I'm a very weird drunk. Or whatever you call a drunk person. I have mood swings. One second I'm happy, the next sad. One second I'm sad, the next I'm horny. So don't blame me for what I did next.

I took her home.

Just to be clear, again, I don't do this usually. Moving on. So, I'm pretty sure you already guessed what happened. We did the devil's tango.

****

The next morning, I woke up with someone hugging me and my hands around that person. I was too tired and sleepy, so I fell asleep again.

I woke up again, later. By being pushed off the bed! Oh, and a loud scream. I looked on the bed, to see Annabeth. She was naked under he sheets. Maybe.

"Annabeth? What are you doing here?"
"Percy? What in the name of Tartarus happened here?"

For the first time, I looked around my room. All of our clothes were thrown in different corners of the room. My desk was ruined. The papers on our were scattered and some were on the floor.

"Breakfast?" I asked. Don't blame me, alright? I was hungry and honestly, I wanted to get the fuck outta there.

Annabeth nodded and said that she would shower and come down. I headed down to make blue pancakes. Yes, blue. Deal with it.

I was not that bothered about me sleeping with Annabeth, to be honest. Sure, it's gonna be awkward, but I missed her.

Breakfast was awkward. We didn't know what to say. Annabeth finished her pancakes and  left, saying goodbye and thanks for the pancakes. I wanted to stop her, but thought against it. I don't even remember why we broke up. Oh wait, I do remember.

I didn't...... Trust her. I saw her talking to this guy. And, well, the guy wasn't looking at her like a friend. So, of course, I got a tad bit jealous and angry. Which caused the break-up.

Anyway, I don't really know how I feel about the current situation. I mean, it's obvious I still love her, but I don't think she feels the same way. I mean she was so emotionless, when we were having breakfast. But, I'm pretty sure last night was amazing.

Weeks passed by. I hadn't heard a single word from Annabeth. I was debating whether I should call her and apologize or ask her to meet me or anything. I wanted to see her so badly.

****

Annabeth called. She called! We're meeting at Crusty's coffee. I was so excited I showed up half an hour earlier. I ordered myself a coffee and sat there sipping it. Five minutes before Annabeth was supposed to show up, I ordered another coffee for myself and an espresso for her.

Right on time, Annabeth came through the door.

"Percy. You're early. That's unusual," she said, smiling.
"Ha ha, Annabeth. I ordered for you."
"Oh, thanks," she said, though made move to touch the cup.
"So? Why did you want to meet me? I mean not that I don't want to. I was actually thinking of calling a lot of times since that night. Honestly, I missed you," I rambled.
"I missed you too, Seaweed Brain."
"Uh...." I was shocked. I missed that nickname.
Annabeth laughed. Then she got serious again.
"Okay, so I have to tell you something. And you are probably gonna be angry and shocked. Also, you can be as invo-"
"Just tell me, Wise Girl."
"I'm pregnant."

I sat there, shocked. She called my name a couple of times. I didn't respond. Just sat there not saying anything like an idiot.
"And you're the father, by the way. But you go."

So that's why she didn't touch her coffee cup. She's addicted to coffee. I'm surprised she lasted this long. I should have noticed something was wrong.... Or right. I'm going to be a dad! A dad!

"Look, Seaweed Brain, I'm sorry. You can be as involved as you want. There's no pressure on you."
"Are you kidding?! I'm going to be a dad, Annabeth! I love you!" I hugged her.

She froze under me. I cursed, in my head, and started to pull back when her hands went around me and pulled me closer.
"I love you too, Seaweed Brain," she said.

I pulled back and kissed her.

***
"I hate you, Percy!" She screamed. I winced.
After a lot of cursing, pushing and screaming, Annabeth held a baby girl. She had my sea-green eyes and Annabeth's blonde hair.

"Zoë Bianca Jackson."

Annabeth kissed me.
"I love you"
"I love you too. And our little Zoë."