Alex Morgensteine

Hey! I'm Alex. I go to San Francisco High. I have ADHD and dyslexia. Its kinda weird but it's the usual being treated like your different.

The only person who is cool with me is a girl name Annabeth. She's cool coz she has the exact same problems as I have. So, we keep each other company.

(At the cafeteria)

"Heyyy, Annabeth!".
"Hey, Alex. What's up?" Annabeth replied.
"Nothing much. I was just wond-"

Right before I said anything else, a huge dog busted through the wall. I heard Annabeth mutter something incoherent and took out a FREAKING DAGGER! What the hell was she doing with that?! Not that she can't handle herself, but seriously? A DAGGER?

The beast instantly started charging at me, "Ohhh, boy!!".

"Arghhhhh, it bit me" right then Annabeth stabbed the thing like 30 times and the dog disappeared leaving a residue of golden dust. The cafeteria was empty except for me and Annabeth.

"What the heck was that?! And do you carry that dagger everywhere? You don't stab people with that, do you?" I said.
"Only if they annoy me," Annabeth said. Then noticing my panicked look, said,"I'm kidding."

"Come on lets go, we don't have much time. Where do you live?"Annabeth rushed.

"Wait, is something wrong?! And you still didn't answer my first question," I said.

"WE DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THIS!!!!" she yelled

"7th avenue. I can take you there."

"Let's get going then."

We reached home and got out of my car, a blue 1971 Corvette convertible
(thanks mom). My mom was home and rushed to the door asking what I was doing at home so early.

Annabeth rushed in front of me and said "A hellhound attacked him in the middle of the cafeteria, he's hurt.".

"Okay, the first aid kit is in the bathroom. Inside the cabinet under the sink. There's a bottle of nectar, I'll explain what it is later. Just dab it on the wound and wrap it. Go pack all your essentials in a small bag. I need to have a chat with this young lady. "
"Alright," I replied.

I didn't understand what Annabeth was saying to my mom but a few minutes later, my mom came to my room.
"Honey, you know I love you, right?" Mom said.
" Yes mom, I love you too"
"Then you'll understand what I'm about to do. Annabeth and I are going to take you to a camp for special people, okay? But when the time comes you'll have to leave me and say goodbye, okay?" Mom said. She was almost in tears.
"What are you talking about Mom? I'm never going to leave you! No matter what happens," I said. That moment Annabeth knocked on the door and told us that we had to leave.

I asked where we were going and Annabeth casually said" Long island ,New York".

"What are we going to Long Island for?"

"Camp Half-Blood. Its a camp for demigods. You're a demigod, by the way."

"Annabeth what are you talking about?? And how do you think we're going to get to Long Island? We're in south CAL!"

"Oh, we're gonna use your car and you'll learn everything else soon enough. You're smart."

So we ended up driving 2,954 miles all the way till Long Island.

(Near Half-blood Hill)

"Goodbye, honey. I love you so much! I promise that I will see you soon." Mom said.
"Mom, where are you going? You have to stay here!" I said.
"I can't, I'm sorry, honey. I love you!" Mom said and got in her cab and left.
"Bye, Mom!" I called after her.
"Let's get going," Annabeth said.

We reached the top of the hill and I saw a arc-like thing with Camp Half-Blood written on it. We entered and Annabeth took me to this huge house.

"This is the Big House," Annabeth said,"This is where you'll meet Mr.D and Chiron. Mr D never gets your name right. So there's no point correcting him."
That moment a huge guy with the body of a man and a rear-end of a horse came over.
"I'm Chiron, the camp's activities director. I'm guessing you're not claimed yet?" Horse-guy said.
"Nope. I'm going to give Alex a tour," Annabeth said.
"Okay. Oh, Percy's looking for you."
I wondered who Percy was. I hoped it was her brother or something. I planned on asking her if she wanted to hangout.

Right then we reached a ground where random people like horsemen and other weird creatures were fighting. This purely felt like a dream, I even pinched myself to see weather it was real or not. Not good; I'm not dreaming.

"This is the arena. This is where demigods practise fighting," Annabeth said.

As we moved around, Annabeth kept naming different places. There was a rock climbing wall that spit out lava. And then there was the Zeus's fist? and the Athena Parthenos(like what??). Annabeth was bringing me to the cabins and about to tell me where I was going to sleep until I got claimed, when this tall dude with sea-green eyes and messy black hair sneaked up behind Annabeth and hugged her.

"Percy!" she exclaimed. She turn around and then kissed him.

"Alex, this is my boyfriend, Percy,"

"Oh. Hi, I'm Alex, but you, probably knew that already." I said.

"Yeah, it was nice meeting you, but I've got to run. Ciao!" Percy said.

"He seems nice" I said, only to be rewarded with a love-struck smile on Annabeth's face.

"Yeah, he's the best. I'll see you at the campfire tonight. Hopefully, you'll get claimed. See ya!"

I thought Annabeth actually liked me! Oh well.

(During the campfire)

Everyone was singing songs and cheering on. If someone who doesn't know us would have seen us, they would have thought that we were just a bunch of teenagers living a happy life. No one would have guessed that we were in the most insane place ever. What happened to my life as a normal person?

I was looking at the fire, eating a s'more and thinking about how I got here when a girl pointed above me. I looked up to see a trident in grey glowing above my head. Chiron looked at me and said,

"All hail the Son of Poseidon and grandson of Athena!"

Well? How was it? Comment and vote, please!