A Letter for Later

The first time I saw you, I knew that you were the one.I knew that you were the one who was going to show me the world. The one with who I was going to have all my adventures with. Of  course, I didn't know that you were gonna be the love of my life.

The first words I said to you were 'You drool in your sleep.'  From that day on, we have had so many adventures. We went to the Underworld and faced Hades. We went to the Sea of Monsters. I told you about my fatal flaw, hubris. You comforted me at the bottom of the sea. We brought home the Fleece. We saved Thalia's tree and  brought her back to life. We danced together. I was taller that you.Then, I held up the sky and you came to save me. You held up the sky for me. We had the same grey streak. And then, we lost it. That was disappointing.

 Anyway, after that Rachel came. You being the dumb Seaweed Brain you are, did not realize how jealous I got when she was paying attention to you. Even Rachel realized that. Whatever. We traveled through the Labyrinth. Before exiting the Labyrinth, I kissed you. In my defense, I thought you were going to die. I didn't expect you to come back to camp all hunky-dory. I didn't like the fact that you were marooned on Calypso's island, but you came back for me. I love you for that. And a bunch of other reasons, but that's not important.

We fought the Titan war. I got hurt. But, obviously, I recovered. It was cute to see you worried for me. When Luke asked me whether I liked him, I responded saying that he was a brother to me. You know why? Because of you. I realized I had feelings for you.

After that, you tried to confess to me that you had feelings for me. And I believe I said that I was never gonna make it easier for you. And I have lived up to that. You would know that. After the Titan War, those few months were the greatest months of my life. We were not troubled for a long time and we had just a few minor quests to take. Then, you went missing.

Those  months were the worst months of my life. Funny, how both my best months and my worst ones were because of you. I searched for you everywhere. I  went crazy. Then, I found Jason, Leo and Piper. They helped me and lead me to you. The Roman camp.

I was so happy to see you. I was even more happy that you hadn't forgotten me. I judo-flipped you. That was a good day. But then, as usual, I had a quest to take care of. I had to recover the Athena Parthenon. And face my greatest fear. Spiders. I completed the quest. But, my pride got in the way. My fatal flaw. I was about to fall into Tartarus. You tried to save me. But, instead, we fell in. Together.

We  battled through the world to the Doors of Death. We both got out alive. We were damaged, but we got out alive. We had our nightmares. We helped each other wake up and calm ourselves. We helped each other survive. We became each other's main reason of  existence. We fought the Giant War. Both of us survived that. Leo didn't. Or at least we thought he didn't. Apollo came. Jason died. Frank almost died. My cousin came. That was peaceful. We just helped him learn how to sail a ship. Well, at least, you did.

We got married. We have two beautiful children. Who are not children anymore, but, they are still our little kids. Luke Charlie Jackson and Zoe Silena Jackson. Now, I'm dying. It's funny, you know. That cancer would kill a demigod. Especially, with the ambrosia and nectar we have. But, I am going to die and I have come to terms with it.

I love you, by the way. So much. Now, I am not exactly sure that I am going to end up in Elysium. But if I do, See you there. Now, when I say see you there, that does not mean you try to kill yourself so you can see me. You will die on your own accord. take care of yourself. I'll be waiting for you.

Love,                                                                                                                                                                        Annabeth.

Annabeth closed the letter and wrote his name on it. He was sleeping on the chair, next to her. Annabeth was on the bed. Annabeth knew she was going to die. She just hoped Percy was going to be okay. She took a deep breath and closed her eyes. The whole room was filled with silence. There was a loud beep, which woke Percy up. He knew what it meant. yet, he called for the doctors, hoping, that maybe there was a way she could come back to him. Not leave him. Then, he saw the letter.

***

Thank you for reading! Please vote and comment.

Also, I know that there are many loopholes, like they could just call Apollo or Asclepius to cure her. But, I just wanted to write a sad one-shot. Don't ask me why.