Colors

Annabeth never knew what her favourite color was. Everytime someone asked her this, she always replied with an 'I don't know.' She often sat thinking about colors. She wanted to figure out what her fav1ourite color was. During her spare time, she painted. She used different shades of different colors to paint what she wanted.

That all changed when she met someone. Possibly the only person she ever met and actually liked. Other than Piper, her best friend. She came from a tough family. Her mom had left her on her dad's doorstep when she was a kid. Kind of like Harry Potter. Her stepmom did not like her. She made that very clear. Matthew and Bobby, her twin step brothers, were tolerable. They irritated her, but she loved them all the same.

It was a warm Sunday. She had gone outside for some air. She rode her skateboard to the park. Her skateboard was one of her most prized possessions. Other than her headphones. She wasn't paying attention to where she was going and she crashed into someone. They both when sprawling in the ground. She groaned and looked over to the person she crashed into.
"Sorry. I wasn't paying attention to where I was going." She said.
"It's alright. I'm Percy." He replied.

She looked into his eyes. They were the most beautiful shade of blue and green. They looked like the sea. He had hair as black as the night. She snapped out of her stare.
"I'm Annabeth. Would you be interested to join me for ice cream? My treat!"
She never usually invited strangers to eat ice cream with her. Or anything, for that matter. She was quite secluded. She never opened up easily. So, she surprised both him and herself.
"Sure. I would never say no to free ice cream."
She laughed. She rode her skateboard and he walked beside her. They reached the shop and entered. Annabeth asked her what he wanted. He replied saying Blue Bell Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough. She went to the cashier and ordered their ice cream while he went to get a table. She ordered Cookies and Cream for herself.

They chatted for hours and hours together. They talked about their likes and dislikes. Surprisingly, Percy didn't make a joke on how Annabeth didn't know what her favourite color was. He just thought it was a different way to look at colors. At least, that was what he said. She didn't think he knew what he was talking about. He had proved to be quite a Seaweed Brain.

He was stupid enough to spill ice cream all over his shirt and then complain. Annabeth laughed and helped him with cleaning his shirt.

As they were heading back home, Annabeth was still laughing. Percy grumbled.
"It's not funny, Annabeth."
"Yes, it is, Seaweed Brain."
"Seaweed Brain? Really? Well then, you're a..... Wise Girl!"

Annabeth laughed," You know that's a compliment, right?"
Percy turned red and cursed. Dam! He couldn't even come up with a playfully insulting nickname!

They reached Annabeth's house. She turned around and looked at Percy. She froze when she realized how close they were. Annabeth looked into his sea-green eyes and let out a sharp breath. Percy chuckled kissed her on the cheek.
"Bye, Wise Girl!"
"Bye!" She breathed out.

She entered her house with a smile on her face. She ignored Helen screaming at her. She felt content. She finally knew what her favourite color was.