CHANCE

Joseph went out of his way for his new baby, and Da Stuff St Honoré was a technological experience. Between the piano playing steps of the staircase and the fitting room that automatically displayed the number of items on the door in bright neon pink, one could easily believe they were in a spaceship. The shop even had jeans vending machine, which allowed one to purchase in less than 5 minutes if the person knew the cut and size.

The counter, too, was modern. It automatically weighed and accounted for the right amount on the screen; it saved time. Almost no typing was needed.

There were touch screens for customers who could check product availability by themselves or enter raffles.

Here the team didn't just orientate; everyone was a personal shopper. On weekdays one could even book an assistant for a shopping session. Champagne or coffee was served with refined pastries. One came out of the store, the stomach filled, and the pocket emptied. The organization was less chaotic. The place was a chill zone; the air con played its highest pitch notes; the customer was slapped with the hard cold of luxury and the pure odor of leather when they entered.

Iman Kaede's assistant was a twenty-five-year-old graduate. Serious and formated Kaede style, the woman worked hard. The only difference one could note was that Iman was married, and her faith held a vital part of her existence. Though Iman wore a turban on most days, she sometimes wore her hijab. Some imagined Kaede chose Iman as a mascot to show how diverse Da Stuff was. They were wrong as what appealed to Kaede in the woman's application was her skills without forgetting Joseph, who confirmed Iman had good karma.

The opening was on Saturday; they scheduled the party for the end of the month.

Like at DS1, the DS2 team was eclectic in every way, also Kaede privileged assistants with strong language proficiency. Vassil spoke seven languages, which included Russian, Turkish, and Greek. Naomi was a part-timer who spoke Japanese while Shukri Indian.

Kevin, the stockman, was a former boxer who lifted pallets as if they were feathers. And to Kaede's surprise, two DS1 members decided to follow her.

Steph, who could not live without his queen, harassed Joseph until the man surrendered, and Tara preferred the upper-class store, but also she liked the Kaede's straightforward organization, which earned her a keyholder position. The transition was smooth for all of them.

There were no dark clouds. Kaede had no regrets until the doors of the store slid open. A familiar silhouette holding a bike helmet stepped into the store and made all the single ladies blood rush while Kaede's circulation stopped.

Two weeks seemed like an eternity went by, but there he was, Dominique with his ruffled crow-black hair, which was wavy for the occasion. Strands fell on his face like bangs if that wasn't enough to make one drool a Michele Morrone mafioso dark stare accompanied the hair for a total knockout.

Even the married woman Iman gulped at the sight of the man who advanced to their position.

"Hi Kaede, how are you? Did you miss me? How could you disappear like that? You didn't even leave a note."

"Eh, I'll leave you to it, Kaede," Iman said while stepping back as she realized the conversation was a private matter.

Even though Dominique craved to see Kaede, he refused to neglect his health and waited to recover fully. As he stood in front of Kaede, the man could not hold back his reaction regarding the woman made all the turbines of his heart turn full speed. Kaede was even more adorable than his memory. She wore Rick Owen's black hoody with its Haram shorts and Nike Air Zoom in Menta. The woman had her hair pulled back in a bun. Her look contrasted with the sophisticated stainless steel decor, but for trendsetters, Kaede fit the spot.

All eyes were on Kaede, who glared and turned her gaze to the counter for Dominique to follow.

"Are you out of your mind? Don't turn up at my store saying things as though you and I are an item."

"We can fix that if you give me your number. I'll tell you I'm passing by we could have lunch together."

"Excuse me, do you truly believe I'll do that? Listen, the time is yours. If you want to waste it, that's fine, but please don't waste mine."

The man had too much nerve to play the: Did you miss me verse; he was the one who vanished with his model.

Kaede heard a click of a camera; two girls giggled and passed, saying, "he looks so like Massimo."

A corner smile for the comment sketched on Dominique's face that he immediately wiped off when he faced Kaede's slit stare.

"Are you jealous?"

"Of what? Youngsters obsessing over on a man who resembles another that kidnaps a woman and forces her into falling in love with him? Please, get out of my store."

"You should take me before I'm gone. You'll regret me."

Kaede's eyes slid to the side, "why would I regret you? What grande seduction have I witnessed?

Kaede had to admit she expected so much more from the guy who taught Marco everything. Then it came back to her; the men never ran after women. Which meant he got it the easy way. Women came and offered themselves in sacrifice to him. Perhaps there was some truth in what Dominique said, and she was the first woman he had to build a temptation plan. Somehow it seemed farfetched, yet the man's behavior indicated that.

Dominique feigned surprise, "you won't let me show you. I told you to test me. My offer still stands."

"Are you aware you are selling yourself like a buffet?"

The man grinned, "you should be happy. I'll serve you for free."

Kaede tilted her head to the side and brought it back, "what do you want from me, Dominique?"

"A chance."