19. MAN

Once outside the restaurant, the sun's rays swept over Kaede, and she was overwhelmed by another sensation. She felt freed.

Kaede blamed herself not only for not taking care of her body during her burnout but also for losing his child, who would be over a year old. At the time, Kaede foolishly believed the baby might have kept Marco by her side if the man was aware of her condition. The woman acknowledged how stupid her thoughts were.

The Lord works in mysterious ways. There was a better man out there for her because she merited better than Marco.

Who and where was this man?

Dominque.

Kaede chuckled. Would God play such a trick on her?

++

The day went on with business as usual. Kaede decided to drop by her place to gather a few things. She didn't know whether she would sleep out, but she preferred preparing for all eventualities. Then doubt invaded her. How would Dominque interpret the fact she had her pajamas, clothes, and underwear for the next day in her backpack?

Kaede folded, shoved her clothes in, and zipped up, resolving to leave everything in the car. If she didn't sleep, there wouldn't be a misinterpretation to fear. The woman sighed at her immature reflection and scolded herself for overthinking unnecessary details Dominque would probably miss.

Kaede headed to the address he sent. It wasn't far from his parents. She arrived in front of an old industrial building with El Condado written in white on a substantial black sign.

She entered and followed the corridor, where she found a small registration office.

"Hi, I'm looking forㅡ."

"Dom, she's here," yelled the man in the microphone.

The man nodded, and Kaede took it as a sign to go ahead.

Kaede's nostrils were not ready to flare the pure odor of sweat roaming wild in the space. The factory renovated and transformed into a boxing club smelt like a football team's uniforms were left to macerate under the sun.

Three guys strode past Kaede; everyone left. Only Dominque remained in the ring.

Fast and agile, Kaede watched how the man punched into the Cheerwing punching pads.

Dominque asked for a timeout when he saw her and came to the cords where she stood.

"You're such a show-off. Admit it you wanted me to see this."

The man winked, "so did you like the demo?"

Kaede rolled eyes, but internally she wailed. Muscles, sweat, and wet hair; the recipe of the three combined aroused fantasies the woman was unaware she had.

Dominque came down with the firm intent to hug her.

"No, no," Kaede screamed as the man attempted to grasp her under his uncle and the last remaining member's eyes, "you reek, oh myㅡ."

"Yo, Dom, we're leaving, don't forget to lock up. Tu novia es hermosa, no te metas con."

Dominque gave his uncle a wink, and the man nodded in Kaede's direction. She guessed he took a leave," he seems angry."

"Who, my uncle? Nah, he isn't much of a talker."

They were alone.

"How was your day?"

Dominque's question wasn't anodyne; he regretted leaving her to confront Marco.

"It was okay."

Kaede didn't wish to gossip about someone she classified in the forget outlet of her mind. And she didn't want to expose the things Marco said, which would probably hurt Dominque. The men's friendship was on a cliff; there was no point tilting the weight.

The conversation made the woman awkward. Thus Dominque switched the subject, "I'm going to take a quick shower; I'll be back soon."

The man left her in the vestibule of the shower.

Kaede heard him turn on the tap.

Minutes passed; how many did the man need?

Kaede got up and advanced. The place became warmer, and the steam more predominant. Dominque faced the wall. A foam of shampoo slid down his back to the slope of his buttocks.

Fantasies, for Kaede, it was time for some live action.

She undressed in the most significant silence, and the man didn't know what hit him when Kaede pressed her breasts on his back as she hugged him.

To say he didn't hear her coming would be a lie as his sniper-trained ears never failed. Still, he admitted it was a pleasant surprise to see her standing naked behind him.

"You said when we want."

Dominque bit his bottom lip, "Yeah, I said that."

Kaede gazed straight into his eyes, "I want."

"Then, have."

The woman didn't need to say it twice. Dominque grabbed her by the waist and lifted her. Kaede wrapped her legs around him as he backed her up on the wall. In moments like this, Dominque thanked all the years of sports practices and GIGN training as he held Kaede steady. The water poured on both their heads as they made love.

They changed positions before the man's arms became sore. Kaede turned and posed her and spread her legs for a Frisk, which was a little more comfortable. Dominque let his hand slide down her back in a caress before taking hold of her waist.

He liked this position, which gave him a complete vision of her curves and butt, which repelled him with a rebound with every movement. They hadn't been so intimate since the first night Kaede slept over, and the man savored the instant.

Kaede knew it, and the man felt it. Something had changed. Dominque imagined the last night they spent together created the bond, but it was about letting go for Kaede.

The woman focused on the rhythm of her song instead of the words.

Dominque was another man with other qualities and other defaults which she would discover. The man deserved his chance; she already admitted their relationship to Marco.

Her bystander time was over; she decided to live the relationship and invest.

She turned to face him. Dominque kissed her lips, neck, breasts and replayed. The man hid his game well; Kaede didn't distill his thirst, nor did she pay attention to her desires, which at the instant were voracious.

Kaede prayed she made the right decision by diving headfirst into their story without floats and that Dominque didn't lie when he said he wasn't going anywhere.