Chapter 12: Escape

Errr errr errr! You woke up to the sound of your alarm going off in your ears. You picked up your phone and turned the brightness all the way down and dismissed the alarm. You texted Eren and Armin to let them know that you were about to leave. You slowly sat up in your bed. You were so lucky that you had the bottom bunk, but it was also a little bit inconvenient that it was a bunk bed at all because that meant you had to be extra careful not to wake up the person right above you. You carefully lifted both of your legs out of the bed and sat on the edge of the mattress. You stood up and quietly moved your pillows and blankets around to make it kind of resemble someone asleep under the blankets. Thankfully the comforter was really thick so it was easier to make it seem like someone was under it.

You left the bedroom and made it out to the door that led to the deck. You grabbed your shoes and held them as you quietly cracked open the door. You sat the shoes out on the deck and then slipped out and closed the door. At that point you hadn't made hardly any noise and you didn't hear anyone else get up or anything. You grabbed your sandals and decided to just carry them the whole way there so that they wouldn't slip off your feet. You got out onto the sand and made a run for it towards where Eren and his friends were. You spotted the house that Eren had described and saw him sitting on the deck stairs outside of it. You ran up to him and was so relieved to make it without being caught. There were chairs and towels and a bunch of random crap all over the deck. You also noticed that there was a hot tub too.

"I'm surprised you actually managed to make it, y/n." Eren said with a smile as he led you up the stairs and into the house, shutting the door behind you.

"I told you I was experienced at sneaking out." you said smiling back at him.

As you got into the living room, you saw Jean, Connie, and Sasha all sitting on the couches. The house was nicer than you expected, but it was still obvious that there were high schoolers staying there. It was kind of messy but it wasn't bad. The house itself seemed a little bit old, but it was kind of cozy like a beach cabin.

"You made it! Are you hungry?" Sasha asked as she grabbed a chip bag that was sitting on the coffee table beside her and held it out.

"Oh I'm not hungry right now but thanks!" you said as you took a seat next to Eren on one of the couches and got comfy.

"Anyways since we didn't really get to talk much earlier I wanna know more about you. Eren told me you're on a school trip, so where do you go to school?" Sasha asked as she started eating the chips.

"I go to a small school about 2 hours from here in the middle of nowhere. There are only 20 people in my class. It's super weird. I only have one friend there, Armin, because he's the only one who isn't weird." you said as you laughed a little.

"Ohhh I think I've heard of it. I once knew someone who went to a weird little school like that. When do you get out of school for the summer?" Connie added in.

"This is my last week of school. I took finals last week and this is just a long trip to celebrate the end of school. Are you guys already done with school?" you asked.

"Yeah we're all done with high school now. Last week was the end of the year for us and now we're all just hanging out together here at this house a lot before we start college in the fall." Jean said.

"Are you the only ones that stay here?" you asked.

"Nope. We have other people over here all the time. We're actually planning on having a party here in in a few days. You should come." Eren said as he looked right into your eyes. He was sitting beside you but he was at the end of the couch so he was kind of leaned against the arm rest facing you slightly. He was wearing the same black hoodie from the other day with adidas sweatpants.

"Yeah you should definitely come! And bring your friend you mentioned a minute ago!" Sasha said as she got all giddy.

"How many people will be here?" you asked.

"Umm there will probably be around 30." Connie said. "It'll be kinda crowded since this is a small house but we've had parties bigger than that here so it won't be too bad. A lot of people will be outside too so it's not that big of a deal."

"Ok I think I might come. I'd be pretty bored if I stayed with my group the whole trip. They're no fun at all." you said laughing a little.

"Alright! I can't wait!!" Sasha yelled as she got up from her seat and celebrated, causing her chips to spill everywhere.

"You idiot! You got chips all over the place. Do we even have a broom?" Jean asked as he put his hand over his face.

"Yeah we have one. It's over in the kitchen. I'll go get it." Connie said as he got up and went to the kitchen.

"Oops. I'll make sure it gets all cleaned up!" Sasha yelled.

"Eren do you know if there's any more white claw in the fridge?" Jean asked.

"Aaaah no there's not. But I think there's still some out in the cooler on the deck. Want me to go get it?" Eren asked as he got up.

"Yeah that'd be good." Jean said as he went over to help clean up the chips that were everywhere.

"Y/n. Come with me." Eren said as he looked back at you from the open door that went to the deck.