Chapter 22: Day 5

You successfully made it back into the house. You went to the bathroom farthest from everyone and changed back into the clothes that were in the bag. You took off your makeup and very quietly brushed your teeth. You took all your stuff and put it in your suitcase and laid down. You had made it back successfully yet another night. You texted Armin to make sure he made it back too.

You: did you make it back well?

Armin: sure did. and I'm assuming you did too?

You: of course. goodnight Armin ;)

Armin: goodnight y/n :)

You quickly fell asleep after you exchanged texts with Armin.

———————-
It was the next morning and you ate breakfast outside with Armin like usual. You were eager to ask him what he thought about the party. You made sure to talk to each other in quiet voices to that nobody would hear.

"Did you have fun last night?" you asked.

"So much fun! I'm so glad I got to go. And you probably noticed that I made a friend." he said as he ate a berry.

"Yeah I noticed. I'm glad that you got along with her well." you laughed.

"We were talking in the kitchen at first and then we just kept talking and I guess that in the moment we wanted to do something so she took me to the bathroom and... yeah..." he said embarrassedly.

"It's okay I'm glad that you enjoyed yourself. I had a lot of fun too other than when that creep was trying to touch me."

"That was really scary. I'm glad that Eren and Connie took care of that guy. I can't believe some people can think it's okay to do stuff like that, drunk or not."

"Ugh I know. It's gross. Anyways I'm going back tonight. Eren is the only one that's gonna be home. When I first went over there I didn't know that it would turn into and every night thing to sneak out and go there, but if I didn't go there one night then I feel like I wouldn't be able to sleep here knowing that I could be spending time over there." you admitted.

"Yeah I get what you mean. If we hadn't met them at all then this trip would probably be incredibly boring."

"Ew I don't even want to think about how awful it would be. Oh I forgot to ask, did you get Annie's number? Are you planning on meeting up with her before the trip is over?"

"Oh well I did get her number but we haven't really talked about meeting up yet. We texted for a minute this morning but not about anything important like that. I'll see if maybe she'd be open to doing something together soon."

"That would be really great. You should definitely go for it if you can."

"I'll try my best." He gave you the same gentle smile that he always had. All you wanted was for him to be happy. He was your world and you were really rooting for him and Annie.

————————-
The majority of the day was spent on the beach, but at 3:00 everyone went inside and got ready to go mini golfing and then you would go to a restaurant afterwards. You went inside and put some laundry in the washing machine and then took a shower. You did your usual routine of shaving, putting on lotion, hair, makeup, perfume, etc. You decided to just wear a white shirt with short jean shorts. You left the bathroom and got all of your laundry, including what you wore to the party last night, and put it back in your suitcase. Everyone was ready and it was time to leave. You put on your air forces and got into a van and took your usual seat beside Armin.

"Guess what?" he asked you.

"What?"

He came closer and whispered "Me and Annie are going to hang out after this trip is over. We couldn't figure out how we could hang out during the trip, so we're just going to wait and meet up afterwards in a few days." His face was lit up with happiness and you could tell that he was really excited.

"That's awesome! I'm so happy for you!"

"Who knew we would both make new friends on this trip?"

"I sure didn't expect it." you laughed.

—————-
You arrived at the mini golf course and played for about an hour and then went to a restaurant. It wasn't anything fancy but it was still nice. You ate and had a good time. In the back of your mind, you were getting a little bit giddy to see Eren.