Chapter 32: Summer Plans

It was now three weeks since you had gotten home from the beach trip. Since then, you had gone to visit Eren once at his friend's beach house that you had been seeing him at previously. You ended up spending the night with him. Even though you had strict parents, they allowed you to go only because you had come up with a lie about where you were going. Just as you had planned, you told them that you were visiting a friend who happened to live at the same beach as Eren. Your first visit with him wasn't much different from when you were sneaking over to see him during the trip. You got there and spent a lot of time talking and having fun with each other. You ordered a pizza and ate it on the deck and kept talking all through the night. You told him about how your house would be empty on an upcoming weekend (upcoming at the time) and how he had the chance to come visit. The time had come and he was now knocking on your front door.

"Hey, y/n." he said as he stepped into the house, looking around after you opened the door for him. "This place is pretty nice. A lot nicer than that tiny beach house we've been at."

"Yeah I guess you could say it's an upgrade but I kinda like the feel that house has. It's cozy and cute." you said, leading him into your bedroom.

"I wouldn't exactly call it...cute... but I guess you are a girl and you go all crazy over random stuff like that." he joked as he plopped himself on your bed and laid on his back with his hands under his head.

You and Eren continued to talk as you hung out in your room. He would point out random things that you had and ask about them. You enjoyed being able to have him at your house without being bothered by your parents. You still weren't sure when you were going to tell them about him, but you knew that it wouldn't be soon.

After about an hour of hanging out, you decided that you should start making dinner. "Wanna help make dinner? We can eat out on the deck." you suggested.

"Sure I'll help. What are we making?" Eren asked.

"Umm I was thinking maybe spaghetti. It's easy but it's still really good. Is that ok with you?"

"Yup. Sounds good to me." he shrugged as he got up and followed you to the kitchen.

You got all the ingredients out and started making it. He tried to help, but seemed a little clueless about how to do anything which made you laugh a lot. You showed him how to do everything and even though you didn't figure he cared about learning how to cook, he seemed to enjoy having you teach him.

You finished making dinner and took it out onto the deck. The sun was setting over the tall trees that were all around. You lived in a suburb, but your backyard was pretty much just woods.

"This is really good. Do you always cook?" he asked as he scarfed down the food.

"I don't always cook, but I know how to because sometimes my family is busy and I have to make the food since nobody else has time."

"Oh. I see. You seem like you really know what you're doing though. This is great."

"Thanks but you can't give me all the credit. You helped too."

"I wouldn't say I really helped, but I'll take credit anyways." he joked.

As you kept talking and eating, the subject of college came up. You knew that you would be going to different colleges and it really sucked, but you would still only be an hour apart so you both decided that you could make it work.

"What colleges are Connie, Jean, Sasha and Annie going to? Do you know?" you asked Eren.

"Connie is going to the same college as me. Oh and do you remember Ymir and Historia? They're both going to the same school as me too. Sasha, Jean, and Annie are going to the same school as you. What about Armin?"

"He's going to the same one as me. I'm really glad that there's a few of your friends going to my college. I think it will be really fun. Do you know when you move in?" you asked.

"Uhhh I think I'll be moving in right at the beginning of August, so we still have two months until then. I'm assuming you move in around that time too?"

"Yeah. The beginning of school will probably be kind of chaotic so I'm not sure how soon we can meet after we move in. We'll probably just have to hang out as much as we can without interfering with our school schedules. It'll be kinda hard I bet, but I think we can do it. We'll only be an hour apart so it's not the end of the world... I hope." You were a little bit nervous about how everything would play out, but you made it a personal goal to see Eren as much as possible. You didn't want college to be the end of everything between you.

"Don't worry. It will all be fine. We'll hang out as much as possible and go to parties together too. We'll have a good time. There's no reason to be worried about it." he assured you.

You really hoped that everything would work out that way. "Until then, let's keep spending a lot of time together during the rest of summer. We don't only have to meet on weekends. We'll just do stuff whenever we're both free. Sound good?"

"Sounds good to me. When do you think we can meet up again? I think it would be fun if we go do something."

"Well since I'm 18, my parents can't really force me to stay home and take care of the house all the time, so I can do stuff pretty much whenever we want. Originally, I thought we would only be able to meet on weekends because I've been put in charge of the housework since my parents are busy working, but I think I should definitely make it a priority to enjoy this summer. So let's meet up even more often than just the weekends. On Monday when my parents get back from the sports thing with my brother, I don't think I'll be free but on Tuesday we should be good to go."

"Ok then. Tuesday it is. I'll come pick you up and take you shopping. Sound good?" he said while he stood up and picked up your empty plates to take to the sink.

"You'd go shopping with me?? Now I'm really excited!" you said as your eyes widened because you didn't expect him to want to go shopping with you.

"Of course I would go shopping with you. It's something you enjoy so I'm cool with it."

"Aaaah thank you. You're the best." you said as you hugged him from behind, where was rinsing off the dishes in the sink.

After dinner, you said goodbye to Eren and he drove home. You were starting to get really excited for the rest of the summer. You would still hang out with Armin and you also decided that at some point you would also be hanging out with the rest of Eren's friends from the beach, but you were mostly excited to get to spend time with Eren. You wanted to try your best to put all of your worries about college to the side and enjoy the summer.