Chapter 27: The Last Day

You woke laying on your side with your head on Eren's chest. He was laying on his back and had his arm around you. You had woken up before your alarm went off so you weren't in any hurry to get up. You looked up at Eren's peaceful sleeping face and could feel him slowly breathing as his chest moved up and down. You wrapped an arm across his stomach and closed your eyes again. You thought about how crazy your week had been and how sad you were that the morning would be the start of your last day there. You gripped onto Eren a little harder. You wanted to make the most of your time with him before you had to go home. You knew that you would still see him after the trip, but your memories of sneaking to see him would always be special to you. After a while, you fell back asleep on him and slept until your alarm went off at 5am.

You and Eren took a minute to wake up after the ringing went off. "It's your last day here isn't it?" he asked in a raspy voice.

"Yeah. It is. I'll be back tonight again since I leave tomorrow morning though. We still have one more night that I'll be sneaking here." you said as you sat up and looked at him, who was staring at you from where he was laying.

"Today I'll come to the beach while your group is out there. I'm spending time with you while you're sitting with Armin whether your teacher likes it or not." he said in a dead serious tone.

"If the teacher has a problem then we'll tell her that we became friends on the beach the other day and that we just wanted to talk before I leave. Hopefully she'll be a little understanding of the situation. And if she isn't, then it looks like I'll just be getting in trouble because I'm still going to talk to you." you said as you stretched your arms. "Anyways I better get going. They could be getting up early today since it's out last full day here."

Eren sighed and sat up beside you. "Ok. I'll walk out to the deck with you."

You both got out from under the sheets and walked out to the deck. You were facing each other and Eren pulled you into a tight hug, bringing your head onto his chest. "I know that you'll be here again tonight  but i can't help but feel sad that you'll be leaving."

"I know I feel the same way. But just try to have fun today, okay?" you mumbled into him.

"I'll try my best." he said as he let go of you and brought you into a quick kiss. "Have a good day today. I'll see you in a while."

"I'll try my best and I'll be looking forward to seeing you on the beach." you said as you went down the deck stairs and onto the sand.

"I look forward to seeing you too."

——————-
You made it back to your bed safely and went to sleep until it was time for everyone to get up.

They woke everyone up a little bit early since they wanted to be out on the beach for as long as possible. You went to the bathroom and put on a black two piece bathing suit. You looked in the mirror and immediately noticed an issue: the marks that Eren left were visible on your neck, chest, and stomach. You laughed a little as you examined your skin. You weren't mad about the marks though, you actually thought it was kind of hot. You decided to just change into a one piece bathing suit to cover up the ones on your stomach and then you just used some concealer and foundation to cover up the ones on your chest and neck. You weren't worried about the makeup washing off since you didn't get into the water anyways.

You went into the kitchen and got some breakfast and met up with Armin on the deck to eat.

"Today Eren is gonna come onto the beach and hang out with us for a little bit. Is that okay?" you asked Armin as you took a bite of fruit.

"Yeah that's fine with me. Do you think the teachers will get mad though?" he questioned.

"They might but me and Eren already talked about this and decided that we don't care."

"Well I guess that solves that problem." Armin laughed. "I assume you're visiting him again tonight?"

"Yeah for sure. I'm getting kind of sad that I won't be able to sneak out to see him any more. I like the thrill of it."

"Yeah I definitely get what you mean. I had a lot of fun going to the party the other day. I'm so glad that we got the chance to meet such fun people." Armin said with a smile.

"I can tell that we're going to stay friends with them for a while. My only worry is what will happen when everyone goes to college this fall. I hope that nobody moves far away from here."

"Yeah I've been thinking about that too. I'm hoping that everything works out so that we can be close with all of them."

"Yeah. I think it will all be fine.... hopefully." you said with a slight bit of doubt.