Chapter 8: Comfort

Bella's POV:

Colton's grip on me is tight and he seems to be completely out of it. He's sobbing uncontrollably into my shoulder, his tears soaking through my cardigan. "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. Please don't leave me, please." he keeps mumbling, his voice cracking as he begs. I hold him as tight as I can, whispering sweet soft words into his ear, desperate to comfort him. I never meant for it to turn out this way. I just wanted to talk to him and make sure he was ok with being seen with me. The whole conversation had nothing to do with him, I was just feeling insecure and I let it get the best of me. I let my stupid insecurities get the best of me and I made my beautiful boyfriend cry. I feel horrible.

"Colton, love you have nothing to be sorry about ok? Absolutely nothing. Everything's fine, you're not alone. I'm right here with you and I'm not going anywhere, I promise. But you need to calm down. Just take some deep breaths, everything's alright. In and out, in and out, c'mon darling." I keep whispering comforting words in his ear until I feel him taking deep breaths and his breathing becoming more even. "There you go, good job love," I whisper, kissing his neck softly. He slowly brings his head out of my neck and looks at me with sad puffy eyes. His silver eyes are brighter than I've ever seen them because of the tears that are pooled in them. I send him a sad smile and brush his curls off his forehead. 

"Do you wanna get up off the floor," I ask softly? He nods silently and stands up. Since his grip on me still hasn't loosened I let him pick me up and carry me over to the couch. He sits down on the couch and moves me so I'm straddling his lap. I brush my fingers under his eyes, wiping all the sadness away. "Colton I want you to know that when I asked you if you wanted to be seen with me at school it wasn't because I don't want to be with you, I was just feeling insecure. I know that I haven't been good to you, you've practically begged me to be with you and I've just been difficult. But I want you to know that I've made up my mind and I want to be with you. So no matter what happens I'm going to be here for you. I'm not leaving I promise, so I don't want you to worry about that ever again ok?"

The whole time I was talking I looked him in the eye trying to make him see that I'm telling the truth. He takes my face in his rough hands and kisses me. I lean into the kiss threading my fingers through his hair. "Thank you," he whispers, his lips brushing mine as he talks. I smile and kiss him again before pulling completely. "So you forgive me," I ask hopefully? "Of course I do Baby girl," he replies, kissing my forehead. I grin. "So do you wanna go relax in the hot tub for a while?" "You have a hot tub," he asked skeptically? "Yeah, and a pool if you would rather that." "I would definitely rather the hot tub. Do you mind if I get in in my boxers?" I blush and shake my head. "Alright point the way princess," he says standing up. "Uh uh no, put me down. The whole reason I want you to get in the hot tub is to relax and rest your leg." "I'm fine Baby, I swear," he reassures me. "Nope, that's not going to work. We can cuddle as much as you want in the hot tub but I'm walking there by myself," I say sternly. "Fine,' he whines, setting me on my feet. I giggle and grab his hand, leading him up to my room so I can change into my swimsuit.

"Alright wait out here, I'm going to go change," I tell him, heading into my walk-in closet. I quickly changed into a pink bikini that's off the shoulder and has high waisted bottoms with cute designs.

I throw my hair up in a messy bun and grab some towels before I step back into my bedroom. "Colton are you ready," I ask quietly? When he looks at me his mouth drops. I suddenly feel very self-conscious. I know I'm pretty fit, I've been in competitive dance since I was four but I've always hated the way I look. Colton walks over to me and tilts my chin up. His mesmerizing silver eyes stare into my multi-colored ones. "You look absolutely amazing," he says. "T-thank you," I stutter, my cheeks turning crimson. He grins and kisses my flushed cheek. "I love it when you blush," he mumbles against my cheek. I push him away playfully, my cheeks becoming even darker if that's possible. He laughs loudly holding his belly. I giggle and grab his hand leading him to the hot tub.