Chapter 23: Settling In

Bella's POV:

When I wake up my head is laying on Colton's chest and he's reading. "Good morning my love," he says smiling at me. "Good morning," I replied. I sit up and stretch before getting up to go freshen up. "Baby where are you going?" "I'm just going to fix myself up a bit, I'll be right back." "Bella," he stops me. "Yeah." "You should check your phone honey, I know Noah really wanted to talk to you and so did Maria." I say and nod. I grab my phone from my purse and switch it on. Immediately I see dozens of missed calls and texts from my parents. The first ones are worried but then they turn angry. As I read the last one I gasp. It's from my mother. "If you don't come home by tomorrow a slap won't be the worst thing you'll get," it read. "Sweetheart what's wrong," Colton asks worriedly? I just passed him the phone. His face turns red with anger and his fists clench. "You are never going back there again," he growls. I gulp as I try to keep my tears back. I take a deep breath and calm myself down. "I'm going to go get ready," I tell him. He doesn't say anything, he's too busy glaring at my phone. I grab my outfit, makeup, and curling iron from my suitcase and head to the bathroom.

I take a quick showe before changing into a gray long sleeved sweater and a light pink dress that kinda looks like overalls. I also slip on some white socks and some pink polka dot wedges. I curl my hair in nice ringlets and put on some light makeup including eyeliner and pink lip gloss. I step out of the bathroom and see Colton laying on the bed with his hands pressed over his eyes. I can tell he is really worried now. I quietly slip off my shoes and pad across the floor, then I climb onto the bed and sit on his chest. He moves his hands and smiles up at me. "Colt please don't worry about this," I say, stroking his cheek with my thumb. "So you're not worried?" "Well I am a little but they can't do anything to me as long as I'm on a different continent. Plus they can't do anything to me, I know my mom probably wants to cut off my bank account but she can't because they've been under my name since I was 16. I am kinda sad though. I mean I know my mother was never a patient person but I never thought she'd threaten to hurt me."

"I know Baby, I'm sorry," he says leaning up to kiss my lips. "It's not your fault Colton." You wanna go get some breakfast," he asks? "Yeah. Then we go sightseeing and maybe go shopping?" "Of course we can Baby girl," "Yaaa! You're the best boyfriend ever," I said happily, kissing his lips. "Thanks Baby, now I need to get up so can you pass me my leg?" I nod and hop off the bed before skipping across the room where his leg is propped against the wall.Colton quickly changes into some black ripped and a black tank top with a red flannel tied around his waist. He also adds some silver rings and the bracelet I gave him, completing his look. "You look amazing," I say, wrapping my arms around his waist since I can't reach his neck. "Thanks, you look absolutely adorable," he replies, kissing my nose. I smile, then I grab my shoes and we go downstairs for breakfast.

When we get downstairs Becky and Jordan are in the kitchen making what looks like a full english breakfast. "Good morning," Colton calls. "Morning guys we thought we'd make a nice breakfast as a welcome since I don't have to work today." "That's really nice of you, I was going to make breakfast for you to say thank you. This looks delicious though," I say politely. "Oh sweetie that's so sweet of you but you don't need to do that we're so happy to have you here. In fact you can stay here as long as you want. Colton called me to let me know you were coming and told me what happened with your parents and I think it would be best if you stay here for a while." I smile widely at the woman's kindness. "Thank you so much," I whisper. She wraps her arms in a motherly hug which I return happily. "Do you guys need any help," I ask, pulling away from the hug. "No thanks sweetie you can sit and keep us company," Jordan replies. I nod and walk over to sit at the bar next to Colton. I try to get on the stool but I'm too short, as usual. I sigh, when this happens I feel like a little kid. I hear Colton chuckle before he gets up and lifts me onto the stool. "Thank you," I mumble. "Your welcome love," he replies, kissing my head. "Awwww." We look over and see Becky grinning at us. "You guys are adorable." I blush.

"Ok guys I think we're ready," Jordan says as he begins dishing up plates of food. We sit and have breakfast together while making light conversation. And then me and Colton cleaned up the kitchen. "Alright are you ready," Colton asked? "Yeah but how are we going to get around? Your car is still in Toronto." "We'll take the Metro, come on." Then he grabs my hand and runs for the door, calling goodbye on our way out.

When we got on the subway I had no idea what to do since I've never been on one before. So Colton helped me while trying not to laugh making me glare at him. There is only one seat open so I end up sitting on Colton's lap. We get off at our stop but I have no idea where we are so I ask Colton. "This is a walking street full of clothing stores, so we don't have to worry about getting run over." I grin, I love shopping! I kiss Colton's cheek, then I march towards the first store I see. Colton just shakes his head and follows me. Over the next couple of hours I buy a couple of dresses, along with a fuzzy pink cardigan and a new sweater. I also buy a few new pairs of shoes just because I can. I was really excited because normally I have to shop online to get clothes that will fit me but I found a small shop that only carries petite size, which is what I need. I can tell Colton is starting to get bored, he's been so good and has been carrying all my bags but I think I need to give the poor guy a break. "Ok I'm done now. Sorry I've made you carry all my stuff around," I say, giving him a kiss. "It's fine Sweetheart I don't mind. Plus I need to start working out again so that's done." I laugh and kiss him again before taking some of the bags out of his arms. "Are you ready to go sightseeing," he asks? "Yep."

As we walk out of the store I notice that Colton is limping heavily. I feel horrible, I've been going on a shopping spree while Colton is in pain. He hasn't even been using his prosthetic for that long and I've made him walk around for hours. The doctors told me he won't be able to walk for a long time until he's been using it for at least a year. I run over and take the rest of the bags from him. "What are you doing," he asks? "Colton, why didn't you tell me that your leg hurts. I could have stopped shopping." "Baby I'm fine," he reassures me. "Now come on, let's go sightseeing." "Or we could go back to the house and light a fire. Make some hot tea and read some more of Inkheart since we're almost finished. We can cuddle under a nice cozy blanket and go sightseeing another time." I can see Colton is starting to cave. "Yeah that sounds awesome." I grin in triumph and grab his hand while he grabs the bags and we run to catch the subway.

When we get home Colton is limping heavily and can barely take a step without wincing. "Ok Colton go inside I will get the bags and take care of everything." "No, I can do it." "Colton Lydon James, get in the house right now," I demand. His eyes widen as he raises his hands in surrender and limps inside. I grab all the bags and take them up to our room, then I head to the kitchen and whip up some tea and cookies for a snack. I also grab a heating pad and Coltons pain meds since I know he's in pain and just doesn't want to admit it. Lastly I grab the book then I head back to the living room and find Colton curled up on the couch.

"Awww Baby this is so sweet, thank you," he says.

"It's no problem."   

I set everything on the table before I kneel down in front of Colton and help him take off his leg. I rub some cream on his thigh to prevent his skin from drying out, then I pass him his pain medicine and his tea. "Thanks Baby girl, now come on I wanna cuddle." "My God you're so demanding," I say giggling. "Says you." I stick my tongue out and settle in between his legs with my back pressed against his chest. I pull the blanket on top of us and finally settle in. I begin to read and Colton begins to play with my hair like he always does. After I finish the chapter Colton takes the book from me and sets it on the coffee table." I reach over and grab two lollipops off the tray before popping one in my mouth. Then I unwrap the other one and place it against Colton's lips. He smiles softly and accepts the treat. "You know I think I like these just as much as you now." "Well they are amazing." He shifts so his head is resting on the pillows, then he flips me so I'm on my stomach in between his legs with my head buried in his neck. We stayed like that for the rest of the afternoon. Tangled together, cuddled up in a blanket. The rest of the day is filled with lots of kisses and several more lollipops.

Hi Everyone:

Thank you so much for reading, I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Please vote and comment!

Love you all:)

Jessie