Chapter 16: Going Home

Bella's POV:

I ended up walking home even though it's 10 at night. I knew Colton would worry about me but I was too angry to care. I stormed into my house and decided to take a shower to calm myself down. I sighed in relief as the hot water hit my skin. I sigh as I start to calm down. Colton had no right to say that about me he knows I don't care about my parent's money. He's going home tomorrow and I feel kinda bad that he's going to have to go home with Noah. I love him but I'm done crying and waiting for him to forgive me. I sigh again and get out of the shower. I quickly get my pajamas on and hop in bed. I try to read but I can't focus. I turn off the lights and lay down to try and get some sleep. But about two minutes after I close my eyes my phone starts to ring. I sigh knowing who it is. I know I can't ignore him so I press answer.

"Hello."

"Baby," he whispers.

I don't say anything

"Sweetheart where are you? Did you get a ride home," he asked worriedly?

"I'm fine," I tell him.

"Did someone give you a ride home?"

"I walked," I muttered.

"You walked! Bella why would you do that, you could have been hurt!"

Even though he's yelling I can hear the worry shining in his words.

"I'm fine Colton."

I hear him sigh tiredly on the other line. He speaks softly.

"Little one I'm sorry I didn't mean what I said I was just angry."

"Yeah well, you seem to say a lot of things you "don't mean" when you're angry. You know I don't care about my parent's stupid money so when you say stuff like that it makes me feel like a spoiled brat. I was just trying to help you because I love you but if you don't want my help then fine. I won't help you again."

"I really want to apologize to you in person. Your right Sweetheart and I'm so sorry. Please come back, please."

"Colton it's almost midnight. I'll see you tomorrow."

"But I can't sleep without you," he whispers.

I sigh yet again as my resolve breaks and my anger melts away.

"I'll be there in 10 minutes," I tell him, then I hang up.

As soon as step foot in Colton's room his previously closed eyes fly open. "Baby," he mutters. "Hi," I replied quietly. He reaches his arms out and makes grabby hands at me like a 5-year-old. "Please come here," he begs softly. I can tell he's so tired he's loopy. I smile softly at how cute he is. I walk over and sit on the edge of the bed. "I'm sorry Sweetheart," he says sincerely. "I know you are. I just wish you wouldn't say things like that. It makes me feel like a ditzy spoiled rich girl." "You're not spoiled Little one, I know you don't care about the money. It's all my fault I just got angry and said stupid things I didn't mean." "But why did you get so angry I was just trying to help you." "I know it's just I'm not used to someone taking care of me. Plus I'm the one who's supposed to take care of you, you shouldn't have to worry about me."

Before I can stop myself a giggle bursts from my lips. Confusion crosses his face. "What's so funny?" "Colton, the whole point of being in a relationship with someone is that you have someone to take care of you. You take care of each other. I know you haven't always had that in the past but you have me now and I'm not going anywhere. I knew you needed this prosthetic so I took care of it because I didn't want you to worry." He just looks at me for a second before he pulls me into him, pressing my face into his exposed upper chest. "I love you so much," he whispers. "I love you, Darling." He tips my chin up and proceeds to press kisses all over my face. He leaves no part of my face untouched before he finally presses a loving kiss on my lips.