Chapter 21: A New Start

Bella's POV:

"So how do you want to do this," Colton asks? "I have a bag already packed and ready in my bed. I just need to grab a fre last minute essentials. So you go and make it look like you're leaving. Then wait for me under my bedroom window, I'll climb down the fire escape ladder. Ok?" "Ok Baby I love you and I'm sorry that it has to be like this." "You have nothing to be sorry about." I kiss Colton again, then I quickly work up some tears to make our goodbye seem more real. It isn't that hard since I'm already so emotional. My parents walk back into the room and I kiss Colton's cheek and mutter a quiet goodbye. Then I run up to my room in a fake fit of tears.

As soon as I shut my bedroom door I grab my suitcase from under my bed and grab Ollie and Charlie's carriers. I put them in and lock them tight so they're safe, making sure to add lots of toys and blankets. Then head to my closet to grab a few extra things. Then I pack up my purse with my phone, keys, and my wallet with my credit cards and lots of extra cash. Finally I grab a huge bag of Tootsie Pops and slip it into my bag. Then I write my parents a note.

Dear Mom and Dad

I'm sorry that I left without saying goodbye but I can't live in a place where I'm not wanted anymore. I can't live with people who can't be around me because I look too much like my sister. I can't be around people who push me so hard to be perfect and then call me a freak and a disappointment when I don't do something exactly right; and most of all I can't be near someone who slapped me. So I'm leaving. I need time so please don't come looking for me.

Isabella. 

I fold up the paper and place it on my neatly made bed. I hear clicking sounds and know that's Colton throwing pebbles at my window. I put my cross body purse on and ran over to the window. I look down and see Colton waiting for me with worried eyes. "Watch out," I call, keeping my voice down. Colton steps back and I toss my hard shell suitcase onto the lawn. Then Colton climbs up the ladder and carefully carries Charlie down before doing the same with Ollie. Then I carefully climb down the ladder while Colton stands at the bottom to make sure I don't fall.

When I get to the bottom Colton pulls me into his chest and kisses my forehead."Are you ready to go Baby girl," he asks gently? "Yeah but I'm not sure where we're going and I have to call Maria, Noah, the hospital." My breathing picks up at the thought of disappointing so many people by leaving. "Hey calm down Sweetheart, I'll call Noah and Maria and explain. what happened. They'll understand and so will the hospital, alright just breath. As for where we're going, we're going to London. I already called a cab so your parents won't notice your car missing or track it. I don't want you to worry alright, I'm going to take care of you I promise," he whispers, hugging me tightly. "I love you so much Colton," I whisper as the cab pulls up. He smiles and grabs my hand in one of his and my luggage in the other. He helps me into the cab before climbing in after. I've noticed that Coltons posture is back to normal and he's steps are no longer shaking, it's like he doesn't have a prosthetic at all. My guess is he's been doing extra physical therapy sessions to get them over with but also so I won't worry about him anymore.
"Colt why are we going to London?" "I have an aunt who lives there. I know I told you I didn't have any family but when I went into foster care she was deemed an unfit guardian because she had a drinking problem. She's a lot better now, she goes to AA meetings and she's married to a really nice man. She called me yesterday and told me I could come visit her any time so I thought we'd take her up on her offer." I smile. "Well that sounds great and I love London. Now I know you're going to hate it but I'm going to pay for our plane tickets especially since we don't have to pay for a hotel." "No Bella, you don't have to do that I can take care of it like I said." "Colton it is very sweet that you want to take care of me and I'm not saying I don't want you too but I also want to take care of you because I love you, so I'm paying ok?" He sighs and kisses my head, mumbling an ok into my hair.