Chapter 18: 2 Weeks

Bella's POV:

2 weeks. That's how long it's been since I had my heartbroken. I haven't spoken to anyone since then. I texted Noah and Maria to let them know I'm ok and begged them not to tell Colton where I am. They promised. My dad called to ask me why I'm at the lake house, I just told him I've been going through a lot and needed some time away. He understood thankfully. To be honest I feel awful. I feel like I did when Aria died. I just feel empty, lifeless, like nothing matters anymore. I haven't even gotten out of bed, I've just been laying around listening to sad songs and crying. The only thing that makes me feel better is Ollie and Charlie and their adorableness.

Anyway, I was laying in bed reading to try and get my mind off things when my phone rings. I get ready to decline the call figuring it's Colton but turns out it's Noah. I sigh and press answer. "Hello," I croak, my voice scratchy from lack of use.  

"Bella? Are you ok?"

"I'm fine," I mutter.

"No you're not, you sound awful."

I sigh as my eyes fill with tears.

"Your r-right, I'm not ok," I whisper, my voice breaking.

"Oh honey, please come back. Colton's a mess. He hasn't gotten out of bed or taken a shower. He won't take his meds or do his exercises so he's basically just laying in bed in constant pain. Bella, he's different when he's with you. He's sweet and kind, he's his true self when he's with you. No masks, just him. He needs you."

"But he k-kissed that g-girl," I cry, sobbing softly.

"She kissed him, Bella. She kissed him and he pulled away right away. He would never kiss another girl. He loves you. Please just go talk to him," he begs.

I sigh as I realize that I need to talk to him. Even if it doesn't resolve anything, I can't stay here forever and no matter what happens I need to make sure he takes his meds so he can get better. Not to mention the fact that even after all of this I still love him. 

"Ok, I'll talk to him," I whisper.

"Thank you, Bella," he says gratefully.

"Your welcome. I'll be there in an hour."

"Ok, there's a key under the mat. I'll talk to you later. Bye Baby sis. "

"Bye," I replied, then I hung up.

I quickly get out of bed and head to the bathroom. When I look in the mirror I cringe. I look terrible. My hair is in tatters, my face is puffy and tear-stained and I have dark bags under my eyes from lack of sleep. I threw my hair up in a messy bun and quickly changed into some ripped jeans and the first hoodie I see. Then I take care of Ollie and Charlie, hop in my car and drive away.

When I pull into Colton's driveway, the house looks deserted. Even Colton's room is dark. I grab the key from under the mat and unlock the door only to be greeted by silence. I try to be quiet in case he's asleep. When I walk into his room, my heart breaks. Colton is curled up in a ball with his face buried in his pillow. By the way, he's shaking I can tell he's crying. "Go away Noah," he growls, his voice hoarse. I walk over and sit on the edge of his bed. "Colton," I whisper. His head flies up so fast that I'm surprised he didn't break his neck. "Sweetheart," he mutters. He reaches out and cups my cheek, stroking it with his thumb. His eyes are red and puffy just like mine, his hair is disheveled and he looks a lot worse than me.  

"Noah said you haven't been taking your meds," I say softly. I feel like if I don't speak softly I'll break him. He just nods his head. "Colton why would you do that?! Why would you just lay here in pain?" He doesn't say anything. But his eyes fill again and his bottom lip begins to tremble. He looks so small, and sad that it makes my heartthrob. "Listen I told Noah I would talk to you. So take your meds and then we'll talk," I tell him, blinking back tears. I see relief fill his eyes, then he grabs the bottle of pills off the nightstand and downs one without water. "There," he says.