Chapter 11: Tearful Confessions

Bella's POV:

"Bella Steveson you are the most beautiful girl I have ever laid eyes on. You are sweet and kind and perfect and you are mine! So I don't ever want to hear you put yourself down again. Do you understand?" "Why are you so mad at me," I whimper. His face softens slightly but I can still see the anger blazing behind his eyes. "I'm not mad at you Sweetheart. But I think you're absolutely gorgeous and I just wish you could see yourself the way I see you," he says softly, but his voice is filled with passion.

 His words bring tears to my eyes and before I can stop them they fall down my cheeks. His face morphs into one of complete concern. "Baby I'm really not mad at you, please don't cry," he begs, wiping away my tears. "I-I'm sorry it's just no one has ever thought of me like that before. And I can't believe that someone as amazing as you thinks I'm beautiful. I'm just a short girl with weird eyes who needs to lose weight. I-" My blubbering is cut off when Colton pulls when into his chest muffling my hysterical sobs. "Shhhhh little one shhh I've got you. You are gorgeous. You have the perfect figure and your eyes are stunning. Also, I like how small you are, that way I can cuddle and project you. I don't know who told you these things but they are fucking stupid and I hate that this is how you see yourself. I don't care how long it takes me. I will spend every day of the rest of my life making you see how truly beautiful you are." As I listen to him whisper passionate words into my ear I feel my breathing slow down and the tightness in my throat lessens. "You have a way with words, you know that," I whisper my voice hoarse. I feel his chest vibrate with laughter.

He gently lays down with me on top of him. "Do you believe me, Baby girl," he whispers? "Not really but I'll try," I replied. He sighs sadly and hugs me tighter. "Little one please tell me who made you think of yourself this way," he pleads. "No one did," I whisper. "Bella you are a terrible liar. Baby I don't want to pressure you but I hate how sad you are and I don't know how to help you. Please tell me." 

I sigh, trying to compose myself. I know I'm overreacting but I can't help it. " My sister's name was Aria. Before she died we were what most people considered the perfect family. Me and my sister had everything we wanted, we were pretty spoiled actually. My parents were very busy with work but they always made time for us. But then my sister got sick. So instead of working, they spent all their time in the hospital taking care of her. My parents insisted that she stay in the hospital to get the best possible care. They spent all their time with her and they kinda just forgot about me. I didn't really care though cause I knew she needed them more than I did. While she was in the hospital we became even closer than we already were. We were practically attached at the hip. She got worse but I still held out hope that she would make it. But she didn't. She died exactly two weeks before her tenth birthday.

When she died I was 15. My parents didn't know what to do, neither did I. I expected them to cry, not get out of bed like I did but they didn't. Instead, they threw themselves into their work. That was the year they bought me Charlie and went on their first business trip for six months. To be honest my dad didn't really change much. He apologized for not giving me much attention when Aria was in the hospital and when he's away he calls once a week and sends me postcards and presents. But my mom... She barely looks at me anymore. She says I look too much like her. She says she needs me to be perfect. That's why I can't skip school and why I have to get good grades. Why I can dance and sing and play the piano. Because she needs the perfectly musically well-rounded daughter who gets perfect grades, dates the right boys and is going to become a doctor. But I'm not perfect and she has drilled that into my head my whole life. She's the reason why it was so hard for me to be with you. She's been like this my whole life but after Aria died she got so much worse and I don't know what to do anymore.

When I finish my rant I'm out of breath and on the verge of sobbing again. A second later I'm being crushed into his chest. I can feel his chest heaving and by the tight grip, he has on me that he's upset. I gently try and pull away from him but his grip on me only grows tighter as he buries his face in my neck. He leaves soft butterfly kisses on my neck, muttering I'm sorry after each one. "You have nothing to be sorry about," I mutter. "Maybe not but I still am," he replies. "I know I'm overreacting, I don't know why you deal with me." He chuckles, the vibrations that shoot through his chest soothe me. He leans down so his lips are right next to my ear. "Will you go out with me," he whispers. "Of course I will. I was wondering when you were going to ask," I say happily. He laughs connecting our lips in a sweet kiss. "I was so afraid you'd say no," he mutters against my lips. "Why on earth would I say no," I ask? "I have no idea, I just worry too much." I chuckle and kiss him gently again. "You have nothing to worry about love," I whisper. 

"I know." "So when do you wanna go on our date," he asks? "As soon as possible," I replied. "Tonight?" "Perfect." He grins and lays back down with me on top of him. We sit in silence for a few minutes until we hear a whine from outside the door. "Can I come in now? I'm bored," Noah whines. I burst out laughing. "Come in Noah," I call. He peeks his head in and smiles at us. "Are you guys ok, I thought I heard crying?" "Yeah I'm fine, I'm just a drama queen." Noah chuckles. "Ok well besides the crying I'm pretty sure I heard Colton finally ask you out on a date!" "Yes I did," he replied happily. "Finally! I was wondering when you were going to do it, It took you long enough!" I giggle. " "He's right you know," I say looking up at him. "Yeah yeah, missy. Ok, so I already have the whole night planned out so all you have to is put on a pretty little dress and bring that face ok?" "Sure love. So what time will you be here to pick me up?" "Around 7." I nod. "Oh and Bella." "Yeah?" "I saw those colored contacts on your dresser. I don't want you wearing them," he says, his voice demanding. "Colton, I can wear contacts if I want to!" "Sweetheart, why would you want to wear them? Your eyes are unique and beautiful and I love them. In fact their one of my favorite things about you. So please don't wear them." "Fine," I grumble. "Thank you little one. Now go get ready I'll be back at 7 to pick you up ok?" I nod happily and kiss him lightly before jumping off his lap. "I have so much to do," I yell! I can hear Colton and Noah laughing as I skip out of the room.

Hi Everyone: 

Thank you so much for reading, I hope you enjoyed this chapter:) 

So I just realized that I accidentally posted the wrong chapter, sorry!! So if you read it you're probably really confused. Anyway, this is the proper chapter, so it should make more sense now.

Please vote and comment!

Love you all:) 

Jessie