Part 38: Open ending

****

“And now the lovely break out star of 2012: Ava!” I heard Alan Carr shouted to the crowed as they cheered.

I couldn’t help but smile as wide as ever.

I was so happy that people cheered for me, sometimes I wonder if the people are cheering for me and my music, or just for the fact that I’m Nialls girlfriend.

I started strumming the chords from my new single on the guitar and laughed as the crowd cheered for that simple gesture.

Soon enough the drums started playing a role, and we were all in a full out instrumental moment.

Instrumental moments had to be my favorite part of songs. Even more than the lyrics that make you cry.

I leaned into the microphone, the crowed instantly cheered in agreement, so I leaned away teasingly and laughed and their frowning faces.

I’m walking fast through the traffic lights…

Busy streets and busy lives,

Now all we know…

Is Touch & go…

We are alone with our changing minds,

We fall in love ‘til it hurts or bleeds…

Or fades in time…

And I never….. Saw you coming….

And I’ll never…be the same…

The crowd cheered in agreement, and I smiled at my silly love songs. We went back to a short period of music, and I embraced it with open arms while dancing around the stage.

You come around and the armour falls…

Pierce the room like a cannonball…

Now all we know… Is don’t let go

We are alone just you and me…

Up in your room and our slates are clean…

Just twin fire signs…

And four blue eyes….

So you were never a saint,

And I love the shades or wrong,

We learned to live with the pain,

Mosaic broken hearts!

But this love is ragging,

And wild!

And I never… saw you coming…

And I’ll never…be the same….

After this we were just supposed to repeat the chorus and move into a third verse, but I couldn’t bring myself to it. A string of words filled my brain along with the music and I felt an urge to change the song title. Naming it, when I and a few people from the studio wrote it, ‘The same’ no longer had the same effect on me anymore. This was my favorite song, I felt it had the most potential, but ‘The same’ was a boring title…

“This is a state of grace…” I sang randomly. This is definitely not the third verse…

This is the worthwhile fight…

Love is a ruthless game, unless you play it good and right.

These are the hands of fate