Part 22

*** Ava’s POV

“Hey so I have something for you,” Niall said out of the blue.

I gave him a strange look. We’re not the type of couple that gives presents every minute of the day. I don’t like being showered with gifts and he knows that, so why would he buy me something?!

Right now we were both just watching TV casually like we did back in Chicago; Just lying on the couch with my head on his lap and him eating some chips while we made fun of the people on reality shows.

“What?” I finally said.

“Well, I was going to give it to you before but I didn’t really find the right time, so I figured it’s now or never,” He pulled out a ring from his shirt pocket and dropped it on my face, when it hit my eye.

“Ow,” I said in monotone while we both smiled. I took the ring from my eye and looked at it. It was a small silver ring band that imitated piano keys. It was beautiful and perfect.

“Niall this is so… pretty,” I said randomly. My go-to word; Pretty. I don’t know why I use it to describe everything, I just do.

All he did was laugh at my choice of words.

“Why did you get me something anyway?” I asked him while slipping the ring onto my finger, and I reached to give him a small peck on the lips.

“Because,” He answered slowly obviously looking for a reason, “I missed you, and it reminded me of you. Louis was shopping with El and Liam was with Danielle, Harry was visiting his family, and Zayn was doing who knows what, I was bored and home alone so I decided to go walking around and I saw this on the window and decided to buy it for you. Look it has the piano style and everything,” he said while pointed at the black keys that now circled my finger.

“I missed you too,” I said randomly when he was done. I missed his laugh, his comfort, how I was finally not lonely in that small apartment house back in Chicago.

I missed my Irish man.

“Cows or penguins?” I asked randomly. We did this all the time. We would give normal choices and then they would turn into some nonsense.

Niall simply smiled about the fact that I was bringing our tradition back, “Hmmm,” He rubbed his chin thoughtfully stretching out his choices, “Penguins.”

“Wrong!”  I shouted at the top of my lungs, I’m probably going to be evicted soon due to noise, “the answers cow by the way,” I said with fake cockiness, “My turn.”

“Hmmm,” he said again, “Football or American Football?”

“Please clarify,” I said. He does this all the time.

“Fine,” he said he hated how I said it, “Soccer or Football?”

“Soccer,” I answered while smiling, “Okay having sex with Harry or Zayn?”

“Harry-”

“Well you answered that rather quickly,” I said while laughing.

“I missed this,” he whispered.

“I missed you.” I whispered back.

                                ****

        Its been nearly a month here in London and it’s going great. I finally decided on taking a year off from school and just hanging out, get to know the place a bit first. I’ve been fine with everything. The paparazzi haven’t found me yet, which is a good thing but I don’t have much to do. I like it here, I get to spend time with Niall, I get to be on my own, but now it’s due to independence instead of being lonesome.