Part 24: I'm done

“Gabriella!” I shouted as I pulled my best friend into a tight hug. She smiled and laughed and hugged me back. The boys did all this for me, “What are you doing here, you’re supposed to be at UIC! Studying!” I missed her so much. I mean I thought she forgot about me. I mean she was always dodging my calls, and whenever she did answer she said goodbye all rushed about it. I didn’t know what was going on with her anymore. But now I know she’s still there for me, I mean she came to my congrats party!

“I came here instead. A Record label…” she sighed, she had a cold, I could hear it in her voice “I wouldn’t miss this for the world! I love you too much!”

“Or are you here for the cute boys?” I said while pointing around.

“That’s a perk,” she whispered loudly. We all started laughing loudly.

All the boys took the time pulling me into a hug when Harry decides to comment on my looks, “Niall did you tell our tinny Avy here the surprise? Why is she dressed so perfectly for the occasion? She looks stunning.”

“Shut it styles,” I said silly. That was the first time, since I saw Demi that I felt good about myself.

“It’s true!” defended Niall. I just blushed and smiled. He always knew what to say, “Going to go say hello to some people, you guys stay here and entertain yourself,” shouted Niall over the music. He pecked my lips me and got lost in the crowed. I noticed a small frown creep onto Gabriella’s face, but it left rather quickly.

“So,” breathed Eleanor, even though I’ve never spoken to her before, she was rather social with me and acted as if she knew me as long as the boys did, “Tell me again how you rejected the boys in their lame attempt to sign you!”

“Hey!” said Louis acting insulted, “she didn’t reject us!”

“Yes I did,” I said with a cocky smile, “I’m just kidding. It was nothing Eleanor. They just offered me a record deal and I said I wanted to break out on my own. I didn’t want to be known as ‘Thanks to being Niall Horans’ girlfriend she gets special treatment.’ I just rather break out on my own. Independently.”

“Good for you,” said Eleanor before taking another drink from her glass.

“No, not good for her,” said Gabriella, I just sighed, here comes the speech, “Ava is always refusing help. She thinks she never needs help from anyone its annoying. If she was a hobo she would starve!”

“Hobo’s starve anyway,” I said.

“Whatever you get what I mean. You need to trust people more.”

“Ironic, right before I left for London, you said ‘Don’t be so trusting’. Nice choice of words.”

No! Ava stop don’t start a fight with her. Niall and the boys came to all this trouble, don’t ruin it with a fight.

“Whatever,” sighed Gabriella. She lost. I won.

“So…” I sighed, “How did you guys pull all of this in a day? This hotel is always booked with events; it must have cost a fortune!” I didn’t like it when people spent so much money on me, I don’t enjoy it. It makes me feel…. as if they had some power over me that make me their sort of slave or something.

“Not really,” said Liam sweetly, “The lady that gave the reservations had a daughter that was a fan, she said free of cost as long as her daughter could meet us. We met her a couple hours ago. Some event was going to take place in both ballrooms so she just moved them up. Everything went smoothly.”

“You guys are too much!” I said, “I’m gone go to the ladies room, see you guys later!”

“You should go to the other ballroom later,” shouted Harry, “Were going to perform! And then you will!”