Chapter Twenty-Six

Chapter Twenty-Six

I looked at myself in the mirror. My hazel coloured eyes stand out with the light skin colour make up I had put on. The black dress I was wearing same up to just above my knee and the shoes I was wearing had a slight heel to it making a little bit taller.

A knock sounds onto the door. I turn my head towards it, and couldn't help but let out a small smile. With one more glance at the mirror, I picked up my purse and walked to open the door. I opened it slowly, not wanting Leon to find out that I was really excited for this date.

I opened the door to come face to face with Leon, who was perfectly fitted suit. His hair had been combed back, giving him an edgy but sexy kind of look. We stared into each other's eyes for a few seconds.

"Hi," Leon whispered with a small smile on his face.

"Hi," I whispered back.

"You look beautiful." A blush rose on my cheeks and I let some of my hair cover the side of my face. Even though it was a small compliment, it meant a lot to me. As vain as it sounded I needed someone to tell that I was beautiful, not too boost my ego but that was always something my parents told me. I felt a small pang go through my chest but not as much as I did before. I didn't want to ruin this evening that could be the best start to my first year of university yet.

"Thank you. You look very handsome."

 "Thank you."

"Ready to go?" Leon asked holding out his hand. I stared at it for a second, before accepting. His hand is warm and comforting, something I have not had for the past few days.

"Yes."

 The atmosphere was warm and light. It seemed that I wasn't the only one that needed a break from all the madness that has suddenly shown up onto my life. As we walked to his car, we talked about everything we had done from the last time we had seen each other.

As we drove to wherever Leon was taking me, I turned my head to look at Leon. I didn't know what it was about him but I knew that I could trust. He had been there for since I first came to the university. Even though I don't know a lot about him, I feel like I know a lot about him. All the small gestures that Leon has done for me is now adding up to this moment, the moment where we had our first date.

I knew that I shouldn't think about what the future could hold because I knew that anything could happen from past experiences, but I knew that Leon and I would be close to each other, even if we are not dating each other we would be good friends.

I felt a bright light flash in my eyes and I quickly look away from the burn that it was giving my eye. I slowly looked up to see that we were getting off the main road to a much smaller and emptier road. Even though it was dark, I could see the figures of the trees and plants everywhere. As we passed some of the houses I noticed that they all were old and worn down from all the storms that had taken place.

The road was pitch black and occasionally the car would shake from the uneven road. I looked around but I could see nothing. Suddenly Leon steered off the road and onto the mud.

"Where are we going?" I looked at Leon questionably, confused about why we were driving into the woods.

"We are almost there," Leon said, not taking his eyes of the bump land that we were driving on.

After a few minutes of looking out the windows, I notice an old broken house just like the ones that we had passed. I felt slight fear creep onto me as I notice Leon get out. He opened the door for me and held my left hand. He rubbed his thumb against it soothingly as if he knew what I was feeling. Closing the door we walked up to the front door which had small holes everywhere.